5 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

One of my faves from 1995.  Hard to believe this is 20 years ago.  Laura Linney was hot back then and Ernie Hudson was a great character actor.  This is kind of a disaster film but with human and jungle elements.  I don't think it's a bad film like Jay does, in fact, I think it's a lot of fun.  

8/10

• Like 1

One of my faves from 1995.  Hard to believe this is 20 years ago.  Laura Linney was hot back then and Ernie Hudson was a great character actor.  This is kind of a disaster film but with human and jungle elements.  I don't think it's a bad film like Jay does, in fact, I think it's a lot of fun.  

8/10

I watched it 2 nights ago for the first time in ages, I like it and my enjoyment is huge, but its not really technically a good movie. 

Edited by Jay Hollywood
  • Like 1

I watched it 2 nights ago for the first time in ages, I like it and my enjoyment is huge, but its not really technically a good movie. 

I liked it.  The gorillas were awesome.  And tense and violent.  Loved the auto machine guns and laser fences.

• Like 1

I liked it.  The gorillas were awesome.  And tense and violent.  Loved the auto machine guns and laser fences.

I love all that stuff, its great. Thats what I remembered about it.

But having watched it 2 days ago (Im assuming both of you havent seen it in years) its filed with cheese and looks really cheap in some places. The 3rd act is also incredibly rushed. The final fight scenes are poorly choreographed and staged. 

Also arachnophobia  does a much better job at capturing scope/scale in the jungle. 

None of the things I listed affected my enjoyment though I do LOVE this movie and 100% understand you both liking it but I don't have the heart to give it a great grade. 

Edited by Jay Hollywood
  • Like 1