3 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it:

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

My original review before Clooney became a star:

Okay, first of all let me just make this very clear. I have never watched one single episode of ER in my life ( honest ). So what I am about to say has nothing to do with some ridiculous love for the show. Having said that, let me tell you that George Clooney makes this film the classic that it is. It is a great fi, because of Tarantino's writing and Rodriguez' style and it has a fun story and the other actors are really good in it. But there is just something about Clooney that makes every scene that he's in believable. His interpretation of Seth Gecko is so amazing and so believable. Take for instance the scene in the bar when he is teaching Kate how to slam a shooter. He downs his own and then slams his glass down three times on the table. It is tiny subtleties like this that make his interpretation of his character so real. Every scene that he is in is a lesson in acting. He can take any dialogue, whether it is bad or good and hit just the right note. Take for instance the film A Thin Red Line. Now that was a really really really bad movie. But when he was on screen for 30 seconds, it made me forget that it was a bad movie and I was absorbed by what his character was saying. Now that is power.

Someday Clooney is going to win an Oscar and when he does people will look back at his career and say " You know what? He was really good in that weird Tarantino film. " And I'll say I told you so.

This film is a lot of fun and it has a lot of twists and turns and plus Tom Savini is in the film and that is worth seeing as well. But for a clinic in acting and a great character he has to work with, see this film, you will be so happy you did.