hasanahmad

What if.... (Batman/Justice League/Nolan) Related *maybe spoilers

The ending of the Dark Knight Rises pointed to the NEW beginning of Batman. Original Batman retires as the batman that Nolan envisioned with Original Batman saying anyone can don the mask. The new Batman (from the Dark Knight Rises ending) is the follow through to the Justice League where characters like Superman start to exist and show up in the Universe. Where the Man of Steel story occurs right after Bane is defeated when Zod Attacks Metropolis. 

Edited by Hasan Ahmad

If it's a new Batman, then what's the point of having the story continue from Nolan's Batman movies?  You can't use the Joker or Harvey Dent and Christian Bale won't be in it.  Nolan's Batman doesn't fit with a JL universe. Why not just start fresh?

I have no problem with the Nolan Batman movies being connected to Man of Steel and other movies. First of all the Batman moveis weren't that realistic (definitely not to the point where I felt they could actually happen) and Man of Steel looks like it has the same tone and feeling of Batman Begins despite being more fantastical. It also looks like they are going for a "Realistic" approach as in what would actually happen if a being like Superman arrived on Earth. The way the military is reacting to Superman and lines like "You're the answer to are we alone in the univerise" and "My father believed if the world found out who I really was they would reject me, he wasn't convinced the world wasn't ready" show this. All they have to do is make it take place after the Batman films