Posted Image

The series was inspired by several live-actions with chief director Katsuyuki Motohiro aiming to explore psychological themes seen in society's youth throughout dark storylines. Critical reception to the series has been mostly positive with praise aimed to the setting and the series of the cases which develop the protagonists. However, the gruesome imagery and aspects of the setting have also been the subject of criticism.

Psycho-Pass is set in the year 2113, where the Sibyl System is actively measuring a person's mental state, personality, and the probability that a person will commit crimes, all through a "cymatic scan" of the brain. The resulting assessment is called a Psycho-Pass. When the probability of committing a crime, measured by the Crime Coefficient index, is too high in an individual, they are pursued and apprehended—with lethal force, if necessary.

The plot focuses on Akane Tsunemori, a new Inspector of Unit One, a police unit from the Public Safety Bureau's Criminal Investigation Division. As an Inspector, she hunts criminals alongside a special team of so-called latent criminals called Enforcers. Both Enforcers and Inspectors use large handguns called "Dominators", special weapons designed to fire only on those with a higher-than-acceptable Crime Coefficient.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I discovered it last year (Japanese voices and English subtitles) and it was a very impressive anime, very dark,adult, smart, but quite violent.

I thought about it recently so I decided to create this thread because I really think you should discover it, it's really a must see.