grim22

How YouTube and Internet Journalism Destroyed Tom Cruise, Our Last Real Movie Star

No its not.  Youtube and the internet has changed a lot about Hollywood and celebrities, but to say thats what caused Tom Cruise's image to get hurt is ludicrous.  His image still would've been hurt due to his Cult of Scientology shenanigans.... maybe not us much without the 24/7 internet/youtube/social media, but he still would've taken a hit because he was so fervent about it.  You could always fall from grace as a Hollywood superstar, its just a lot easier and quicker now.  Even though I think Tom Cruise is a loon in RL, I still like him as an actor(even though he plays Tom Cruise half the time) and he still makes good movies most of the time.

It never got hurt in the 20 plus years before the internet and he was the same guy with the same beliefs.  

• Like 1

Also, I say do as much action films as possible. Tom seems to think so too. 

Tom knows when he hits 60 he's gonna start playing different roles and turn into a completely different actor, I'm sure he will be around till he's 80 or 90. So right now he's just doing as many crazy awesome things as possible while his body lets him. Thats why they aren't waiting 4 years for Mission 6.