4 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it:

This might be the best war movie of all time.  It blurred the lines between good and evil.  Barber's Adiago for Strings will forever be associated with this film (and it was used to spectacular effect).  What an incredible cast of actors.  Defoe, Berenger, Whitaker, Sheen, Depp, John McGinley, Keith David, Kevin Dillon, Francesco Quinn, etc.  While written to have lots of action and converging storylines, it probably best exemplified the cares and confusion of the average grunt in Vietnam.  By far Stones's best work IMO.  The pinnacle of Sheen's career.  Back when he could still act, before the drugs and partying stole his focus (though he still has his comic timing).

Though I used to go to the movies a lot in HS, this is the one movie I can remember watching back then.  It struck such a chord I can still picture seeing the end credits at the theater.

A+

Thought this movie was fantastic - saw it in the theater & like KGator above totally remember the experience.  It was actually the only time I totally forgot where I was because I was so into the movie - the scene where they are taking off in the helicopter & Elias is getting shot & is left behind - I lost it completely - was screaming & crying until my boyfriend said "calm down" - jarred me right back into reality & I felt embarrassed - shouldn't have because most of the audience was crying.  The cast was exceptional - Charlie was so good, Dafoe a standout as usual & Tom Berenger was just frightening.  I also think this is Oliver Stone's best movie but to be honest I don't watch it too much - it still gets to me - really cared about some of these characters.