Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TStechnij

Son of Saul | Dec. 18th, 2015

I think a thread for this year's Foreign Language Oscar front runner is neccisary, especially after it broke out during the fall festivals.

"In the horror of 1944 Auschwitz, a prisoner forced to burn the corpses of his own people finds moral survival upon trying to salvage from the flames the body of a boy he takes for his son."

This is probably one of the most intense and visceral films I have ever seen. I can barely call it a film becuase it is such an experience. It is shot from a first person perspective, so that adds an element of being apart of the film.

I think it will break out huge with the Oscars and can run up five or six nominations. They are possible in this sort of order: Best Foreign Language Film, Best Sound Mixing, Best Cinematography, Best Direction, Best Picture and Best Actor.

https://youtu.be/YBcIErmx18w

Comes out in 2016 here, definitely looking forward to it even though I know already it's gonna be a tough watch.

Tough watch is an understatement. It definitely keeps you at shoulders width emotional, but the whole premise is jarring.