TalismanRing

Monday #s: Spectre 2.43M | Peanuts .887M | Coopers .583| Martian .455k

1 minute ago, stripe said:

Why would it have a drop significantly over its 2nd weekend?

Maybe you are right, but this is Bond, a saga aimed to adults, so it should stabilize a bit, even with new competition.

Thor 2 dropped 61.2% on 3rd weekend. Spectre won't drop that much, but i can't see under 50%.

7 hours ago, a2knet said:

16 hours ago, Tau Ceti said:

Alright, I think these points have been well covered on the last two weekend threads and I have no desire to get into a last word debate.

But I will just phrase it in one last sense: your invective would suggest that Spectre is some kind of crazy outlier but it's not going to be at all. I don't know where you're getting your admissions numbers but the adjusted Bond figures are sitting on Mojo (I believe Telemachos posted them to you at one point). At 200M Spectre would be slightly below the franchise average of 215M and within the lower half of the Brosnan/Craig era. Again, a mild disappointment. A slightly under-cooked turkey. That's all. Not a franchise killer or a spectacular catastrophe. And taken alongside $150 in the UK, +$100M in China, and solid numbers everywhere else and I don't think anyone involved in this movie is going to call it a failure.

Now then, I suspect that absolutely nothing of what I have just said is going to make any difference to you :). And perhaps we are standing on the precipice of an unparalleled cratering in Spectre's numbers. So please if the film finishes a dollar short of QoS, look me up and present a dish of tasty crow.

It won't make a difference to the Wee Laddie MovieMaker's head; he's parked in the freezer with the notion that this is a big failure. Maybe it was the humour in the film that did him in. 

Edited by vignette123