baumer

Almost Christmas (2016)

Grade it  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

Here's a movie about Christmas that is about the most un-Christmas movie I have ever seen.  Here's a piece of advice for people making a Christmas movie.....have Christmas stuff in it.  Try some Christmas carols, some snow, a northern setting, a tree, decorations and so on.  There's the occassional hint that it's Christmas time, but when your soundtrack is filled with songs that you have sex to, and not get festive to, the film really loses any momentum it might have.  This is a film about a dysfunctional family who fights and bickers and berates one another over a five day visit to their dad's house.  There's not a lot of explanation as to why some of the sisters don't get along, or why there's so much vitriol with everyone.  And then at the end, when the kids find out that their dad is going to sell the family home, HIS home, they all freak out and one of the kids pops some pills and drives really fast on Christmas Day and gets into an accident.  This brings the whole family together and everything is resolved at the end.  I also learned that on Christmas Day, there are limousine companies open and ready to rent you out a nice stretch limo.  

This is a mess from start to finish.  I did enjoy Danny Glover and there are some, very few mind you, nice moments in the film.  But overall this is a big disappointment.

6/10

• Like 1