baumer

Home Again (2017)

Grade it  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

A film about rich people having a mid life crisis.  It's also about inside Hollywood stuff.  I personally like these kinds of movies, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is the kind of film that really doesn't appeal to the masses.  Reese Witherspoon plays a recently separated woman who is raising two kids on her own.  Her mother and father were both big deals in the movie industry a few decades ago.  She lives in an enormous house and she meets three starving artists who are on the cusp of stardom but are currently broke.  She starts a love affair with one of them and all three are staying in her guest house.  

The film is funny in parts, sweet in others and it does capture some of the mid life stuff that we go through as adults.  But because it's a story written by the child of a Hollywood power broker, the story is more about her experience in life, and not ours, not the typical kind of life that we are regular people go through.  This is more of an observation than a complaint but at the same time, it does keep you a bit disconnected from the characters.

I enjoyed myself and it is a good film for the most part, but it's not really something most people will relate to.

7/10