norbar

VOD market share in different countries

Hey

I'm not sure where to post this but I'm looking for data about the market share of different VOD platforms in different countries. I assume since people from many places post here they may have some local data. I found some info from UK and Germany but it's a bit old plus I have current data from Poland. I would be very grateful for any help here since I want to create a little personal side analytic project but I have to be first sure if there is data to support it.

I think many would be interested to those source if you found have them.

When you are talking about VOD, do you include SVOD/EST or only VODs ?

And by market share you mean, if a movie made 12m in VOD what percentage came from each country or relative to the box office (i.e. a movie making 10m in a market box office will do in average 1.2 in VOD type of thing) ?

17 hours ago, Barnack said:

I think many would be interested to those source if you found have them.

When you are talking about VOD, do you include SVOD/EST or only VODs ?

And by market share you mean, if a movie made 12m in VOD what percentage came from each country or relative to the box office (i.e. a movie making 10m in a market box office will do in average 1.2 in VOD type of thing) ?

SVOD.

I don't even need USD Gross. Any comparable data. In Poland I get Real Users, Average Time spent on site and Page Views for all VOD sites. Netflix is the 6th player with 4.4% market share in terms of Real Users entering the site (not sure if paying) and they have a very short average visit compare to local competitors (9mins vs close to 4h for the leader). I also have app download numbers. I know it's not complete but it gives you some data to start comparing.