wboxoffice

WHITNEY (july 6th, 2018) - Documentary by Kevin MacDonald

Hi everyone, 

I’m starting this thread to follow the box office for this movie, I know that it’s a documentary which are rarely big grossers, but I hope it will pass the 10 million mark domestically.   Whitney has a great track record at the box office, obviously mostly in the 90’s, but even Sparkle in 2012 did decent money despite only a supporting role by her as a homestay gospel singing mom.

The movie is currently at 90 % on rottentomatoes and many trailer posts have gathered millions of views on facebook.  However the fanbase is very divided about this documentary because many fans are upset that it focuses a lot on her problems, that the money will go to family members that they hate, and are saying that they won’t watch.

I’m currently waiting to see in how many theatres it will debut in but based on the official website of the movie which just added online tickets purchase option, I see several hundreds of theaters.  I’m surprised that when I look at the current predictions posted by some of the members here, nobody mentions it and you guys even go as far as predicting the #20 movie with a few thousand dollar gross.  Have you not heard about it at all or seen any promo?

Anyways personally I am so happy that I will witness Whitney Houston again on the big screen, and I can’t wait to see it although I will have to wait an extra week for the Canadian release.

Edited by wboxoffice