Let me talk a bit on my thoughts about the show:

Skam follows the lifes of a group of students in a Norwegian high school. Every season has a new main character whose life we focus on but the whole gang stays more-or-less the same. There is hardly anything you will see in the show that you haven't seen in the variety of teen dramas we have got. What makes SKAM stand out though is the execution. The characters are all pretty intresting and avoid the usual cliches. The plot is moving fast and is surprising you oftenly with the directions it is taking. The slow run time of each episode gives a fast pace that will prevent you from being bored at any point.

A part that I truly loved about Skam, is how it touches on such a big variety of social issues without ever feeling like tutoring. The messages, the social commentary is intergrated within the story-lines, doesn't ever feel forced. A lot of minority characters, portrayed perfectly without focusing on the 'victim side'. Especially, Season 3 may very well be some of the best LGBT moments I have seen on television ever. The portrayal of the main character is so real that it will absolutely touch you. If you are gay yourself expect big teary moments.