SLAM!

New Journey Pictures Christmas Extravaganza (Year 7 Event)

Fictional CEO Glenn Guthrie sits in a comfy armchair in the same snowy log cabin from last year's event. He acknowledges the camera and waves hello.

"Why hello there! I'm Glenn Guthrie, and I'll be featured in a series of pre-recorded videos where I interview actors from our slate of Y7 films! But first... Let's look at my gingerbread house!"

Glenn walks into the kitchen, where a fancily decorated gingerbread house stands on the kitchen counter.

"This is my gingerbread house! And to fully understand how good it looks, I must enlist help from a famous celebrity! Come on in, Cardi B!"

Cardi B struts in fiercely.

"I'm Cardi B! And the B stands for Bread, 'cuz I'm not just Cardi Bread, I'm Ginger Bread!"

"That's really neat! Now if you will, please let me now how good my gingerbread house looks."

"It's okurrrrrrrrrrrrr!"

"Excellent! Now let's see how it tastes!"

Glenn Guthrie and Cardi B taste the candy structure. Meanwhile, John Malkovich is hidden in a bush outside of the log cabin, watching them with a pair of binoculars.

"I'll get my revenge, Glenn. You cancel my film, I get revenge. That's the way it works with Mr. Malkovich! Bwa ha ha!"

• Like 2

Glenn Guthrie sits down with Luke Pasqualino, Terence Howard, and Rinko Kikuchi to discuss Megalo Box.

Glenn: So I understand that this film is the one from our slate that's furthest into production?

Luke: That is correct.

Glenn: So, um... What's this film about again?

*Rinko blinks once.*

Terence: Here's the logline. In a future where boxing is augmented by exosuits called Gears, an undocumented man without a name for himself fights in a tournament called Megalonia to discover what real "megalo boxing" feels like.

Glenn: That's pretty neat! Who do you all play?

Luke: I play the boxer. Sometimes he's called Junk Dog, other times he's just called Joe.

Terence: I play Ned, the boxing coach who's torn by his multiple allegiances.

Rinko: I play Yukiko Shirato, the CEO of a company that manufactures luxury gear systems.

Glenn: What led you to take these roles?

Luke: Well, I loved the physicality of my role in Snowpiercer, and I love the physicality in here, too.

Terence: The role of Coach Ned, as is written in the film, is really fascinating. The minute you think you've got him figured out, he surprises you.

Rinko: I think I'm the only woman in the cast, but the way my role gets implemented is beautiful.

Glenn: Well, that's all the time we have today! You can see Megalo Box in IMAX on October 20th, Y7! 

• Like 2

Glenn Guthrie sits down with Freddie Highmore, Beanie Feldstein, and Donald Glover to discuss Banjo-Kazooie.

Glenn: An animated musical! Isn't that exciting?

Freddie: I haven't sung in film since August Rush...

Beanie: I'm starring in a Richard Linklater film that has to do with broadway somehow, so... I think I can do this? Yeah, I can do this. Yeah... Heh...

Donald: *crosses his legs* This is gonna be so much fun...

Glenn: So out of all the animate films you could lend your voices to, why this one?

Freddie: Banjo-Kazooie is wholesome, it's fun, it's thematic, it's thought-provoking...

Beanie: I'm just glad to have the role of Kazooie.

Donald: I was pretty good in Gateways so we'll see if lightning strikes twice.

Glenn: Let's bring the filmmaker in!

*Josh Cooley (Toy Story 4) comes in!*

Glenn: So what influenced the decision to make this film a musical? Why not a traditional adventure story?

Josh: We want to fully embrace the fact that our source material comes from the 90's. We're inspired by Disney Renaissance musicals like Aladdin and The Lion King, and also films like Fern Gully and Cats Don't Dance. All of our songs are written by the songwriters of Smallfoot.

Glenn: How will the film look?

Josh: Great question. We will use something similar to the blend of 2D and 3D seen in Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse. We want every character to look, feel, and act as expressively as possible.

Banjo-Kazooie comes to theaters Y7 TBD.

Edited by SLAM!
  • Like 1

Glenn sits down with David Mazouz, Willem Dafoe, and Kiersey Clemmons to discuss Tealbird.

Glenn: So what are your roles in the film?

David: I play Jake, a.k.a. Tealbird, an autistic teen who becomes a superhero after getting struck by lightning.

Willem: I play his father.

Kiersey: And I play Ms. Virtue, the superhero who mentors Tealbird in secret.

Glenn: One question for each of you. Let's start with you, David. How has the film impacted you?

David: It's really impactful. I know the film's set during a bad hurricane, and there's been a lot of those recently. It's also a story of triumph over hardship. That's pretty cool.

Glenn: Willem Dafoe. You probably get offers left and right--I know you're in Aquarius as well. Why Tealbird?

Willem: I was reminded of my role in Sean Baker's The Florida Project. That, and I'm itching to work with Ericson Core.

Glenn: Ericson Core?

Kiersey: He directed Togo. Before that, the remake of Point Break. It was going to be Robert Zemeckis, but that was changed recently.

Tealbird is coming to theaters Y7 TBD.

• Like 1

Glenn Guthrie sits down with Madeline Carroll, Timothee Chalamet, and Henry Hunter Hall to discuss the subversive vampire film Bloodsuckers.

Glenn: So tell me. How does this film subvert expectations?

Madeline: I play the traditional "final girl" of horror films--I'm the "good Christian girl"--but the tropes of my character don't matter, and the tropes of other characters don't matter, because the story is really investing!

Timothee: What she said.

Henry: Usually the "black guy" dies first in a horror film, so I went in thinking that, but my role is much more complex. I didn't expect that.

Bloocksuckers is a tense horror film about college students who come to terms with the rising population of vampires on campus. It comes to theaters Y7 TBD.

• Like 1

Glenn sits down with Naomi Scott, Daniel Kaluuya, and Alfie Allen to discuss Yang.

Glenn: And it's now time to talk about the buzzworthy sequel to Yin.

Naomi: Yep.

Daniel: Yeah.

Alfie: Uh-huh.

Glenn: So what made you take the lead role, Naomi?

Naomi: They used the concept of duality to pitch the sequel to me. Joel stars in Yin, Kira stars in Yang. It's ingenious. Plus, it's a good role. It's a lead role, too.

Daniel: I've been taking a lot of American roles, so it's nice to take a British role from time to time.

Alfie: This role continues the niche I've started in films like John Wick.

Yang releases on June 9th, Y7. There's only one week of IMAX, so be punctual to get the best experience!

• Like 2

John Malkovich bursts into the log cabin.

Malkovich: End of the line, Guthrie! Time to teach you a lesson! Your days of cancelling films are over!

Guthrie: Speaking of potentially cancelled films, I have a special announcement!

Malkovich: Yes! Banana Fish is back on!

Guthrie: Nope! The Croaking of Prince Chrom is back on the Y7 slate!

George Mackay: I am honored and grateful that my film is still releasing in Y7!

Malkovich: I'm angry!

*John Malkovich sprays Glenn Guthrie in the face with pepper spray.*

Guthrie: Ouch!

Malkovich: Mwa ha ha!

*John Malkovich is tackled by a police officer.*

Policeman: You have the right to remain silent!

Malkovich: Oh. I guess spraying Glenn Guthrie in the face with pepper spray wasn't worth it in the end.

Guthrie: Truce?

Malkovich: Truce.

*Guthrie and Malkovich sing a song number about their friendship.*

• Like 1