Eric the Fall Guy

Jesus Revolution (2023)

Jesus Revolution (2023)  

3 members have voted

1. 1. What'd You Think?

I saw this yesterday.

Kelsey Grammar is very good in this, and Jonathan Roumie plays a much different kind of person than his role as Jesus in The Chosen, so it shows that he has a lot of versatility and range as an actor. The whole ensemble does well here.

I was very impressed by the cinematography of this film. These directors care about the imagery of their films. This is a good period piece as well with 70s sets, costumes, and even aesthetic film choices.

The story could’ve been a little bit better though. I think the editing rushes through moments and some parts of it don’t hold attention as well as others.

This film knows that most of the people watching it are already Christians; it’s message is about being more welcoming to those who are different from themselves, which is a message many Christians should consider during their walk.

I give this film a B. If you choose to see it, you will be pleasantly surprised that it isn’t too preachy and also isn’t as schlocky as the God’s Not Dead’s of the world.