The Stingray

What is your favorite horror movie franchise?

Favorite horror franchise.  

11 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite horror franchise?

• Child's Play/Chucky
    • The Dead Movies (Night, Dawn, Day etc.)
    • Final Destination
    • Friday the 13th
    • Halloween
    • Hellraiser
    • The Howling
    • A Nightmare on Elm Street
    • Paranormal Activity
    • Saw
    • Scream
    • The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
    • Candyman
    • The Amityville Horror
    • Other

i don't like horror movies but only because i have an impressionable mind and dream about it for days afterwards so i stay away but as a kid the scariest was without a doubt "nightmare on elm street" series , i literally would not sleep afterward i'd go read a romance novel until wee morning hours then fall asleep its much better when you have a nightmare to wake up in daylight than the middle of the night

i picked chucky as my fav because that doll creeped me out when i was younger but then the franchise veered into horror/comedy of sorts and now i love it as i don't mind the gore....

2nd fav would be scream series i guess i prefer the slasher genre as i also like SAW series well the first 2 had smart scripts

and i don't mind zombies you get a thrill and the scare but nothing that's going to stop you from sleeping

candyman was scary all those bees (i don't like insects) hellraiser i found intriguing instead of scaring me i found myself trying to analyze him i was a little older then and was interested in the making of the special effects, thought it was super cool

the one horror movie sub-genre i'll never ever watch even if i'm paid millions of $ too are the occult kind possession/ghost it bothers me to a level you can't imagine, as a kid seeing the exorcist and poltergeist was traumatizing at same level as jaws (stayed away from beach for months afterwards even after never go any further than water passing my waist ), there is also the fact i went to cathechism even if you grow out of it, it still leaves an impression on your psyche about fear of evil beings

i remember a few years ago i made mistake thinking its ridiculous to be scared of those type of movies and watched "the exorcism of emily rose" during the day big mistake i couldnt stop thinking about it for weeks needless to say i did not sleep well for a few days , that little reminder served its purpose well

Edited by ladyevenstar22