6 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

Christine is a cinematic masterpiece that certifies the genius of both Stephen King and John Carpenter. Christine is a 1958 Plymouth Fury Sport Coupe with a bad attitude. Keith Gordon does a fantastic job of playing the nerdy Arnie Cunningham and John Stockwell does a great job playing Arnie's jock friend Dennis Guilder. In fact everyone in the film is perfectly cast and is exactly how I envisioned them in the book. This movie has got to be one of the greatest book adaptations that I have ever seen and with a few omissions bring the book to bright red life. In a way, this movie is kind of a love story and the love that Christine and Arnie have for each other is strong. An added plus to this film is a great oldies soundtrack that unfortunatly is not available for sale. John Carpenter's musical score is eerie even for him and adds to the suspense and atmosphere of the film. Harry Dean Stanton makes a small but memorable performance as Rudolph Junkins, the streetwise cop who suspects not everything is kosher with Arnie's car.This is one of Stephen King's best books and that is saying something as I like almost every book he wrote from Needful Things and back. 8.5/10

• Like 1