A Marvel Fanboy

The Impossible OS thread

It's just a Spanish thing, I don't expect interesting numbers OS.

Spanish thing? It is about the tsunami of 2004 which killed 300,000 people who were from many countries. The movie is based in what one Spanish family suffered but the nationality of the family is not even mentioned in the movie.

Spanish thing? It is about the tsunami of 2004 which killed 300,000 people who were from many countries. The movie is based in what one Spanish family suffered but the nationality of the family is not even mentioned in the movie.

I mean, it's just a Spanish phenomenon, I don't expect this success spreads outside Spain, maybe Portugal because they have many cultural similarities.

Why?

Intouchables is funny, The Impossible isn't.Maybe it's a success in Spain because this country is badly hurt by the economic crisis, so people there brood and want to see this kind of movie, but it's probably not the case in many parts of the world.Maybe good numbers in Portugal, modest breakthrough in France and Italy...But that's all.

Intouchables is funny, The Impossible isn't.Maybe it's a success in Spain because this country is badly hurt by the economic crisis, so people there brood and want to see this kind of movie, but it's probably not the case in many parts of the world.Maybe good numbers in Portugal, modest breakthrough in France and Italy...But that's all.

No, it has nothing to do with the film.It's just you being pressed about this film doing some business.French movies aren't the only ones that can appeal to people's taste.Claiming that Spaniard massively rushed cinemas to see The Impossible in order to compensate for their country's crisis is kinda lame. It's the film's well written script, the story depicted that catches viewers' hearts and already praised acting that makes this movie so popular.
  • Like 1

No, it has nothing to do with the film.It's just you being pressed about this film doing some business.French movies aren't the only ones that can appeal to people's taste.Claiming that Spaniard massively rushed cinemas to see The Impossible in order to compensate for their country's crisis is kinda lame. It's the film's well written script, the story depicted that catches viewers' hearts and already praised acting that makes this movie so popular.

I can say no more.6 million people do not work, but 17 million people work in Spain. Spain is not stopped (I will not speak about how my country is able to survive. That is another theme)And this movie has Ewan Mcgregor and Naomi Watts. I think few movies have that appealing.

According iMDB, it has been released in some markets beyond Spain (Canada, Switzerland, Lithuania and Serbia), but I do not have any data from those markets. However, I think 48.5 million $ is just Spanish gross.

I checked IMDB and it's only Lithuania, the others are film festivals, not releases.