baumer

Thanks for Sharing (2013)

5 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

I really really really like this movie, its funny but not to funny and it does a great job of showing each charter coming to terms with their situations. The acting is great Tim Robbins kills it, Ruffalo is extremely likable and yet again Josh Gad thoroughly impressed me.

The 3rd act drags quite a bit and the film almost falls of the rails but it picks itself up nicely.

B (84)

• Like 2

Well once again colour me shocked.  This isn't a film I thought much of going into, mainly because I really can't stand Gwyneth Paltrow.  But not only did she not bother me in this film, she actually entertained me.  

Thanks For Sharing is billed as a romantic comedy and imo it has elements of romantic comedy but it is much more than that.  This is a film about three and maybe even four separate stories of people not only dealing with sex addiction but they are dealing with their demons.  Every character here is right on the edge.  They are always on the precipice of disaster and some fall into the abyss and some avoid it, by the hair of their chin.

All the leads are outstanding in this but the one that really impressed me (as he does in every film) is Josh Gad.  He has range in here.  He starts off as the comedic fat guy but he slowly involves into a real character, with real emotions and real fears and real vices.  He has  few scenes in here that are pure, raw, emotional and power.  I loved his arc and his story.

And it has to be said that Gwynny was good and she really seemed to understand her character.  I didn't agree with her character's feelings all the time, but most of it she was perfect.  

This is one of my favourites of the year.

* A quick note, Edward Norton Executive Produced this.

9/10

Edited by baumer
  • Like 1

finally it leaked :P  yay & I could see this movie I've been waiting for since TIFF 2012

totally was cynical towards this 'white rich ppl problems BS' but they totally sold it to me!

It was so organic & natural I df believed these ppl are real as were their problms

too much of sugary & cutesy dialogue betw mah bbs Brucey & Pepper lol sometimes it threw me off how 2 grown ass ppl can talk & behave like that :lol: but I couldnt help but had an enormous smile on my face most of the time anyway. & when they get to drama it's really moving 

Fav sl is probably Josh & Pink. Reviews didnt lie praising her! Cant wait til she does some more acting. josh was superb. 

Wel basicall all of them succeeded in making this movie going smooth in drama AS WELL AS comedy (read lots of reviews bashing the film b/c it cant decide wether it wants to be a comedy or a drama  :wacko: completely unfounded complaint imo. F**** Rotten tomatoes btw!))))

Was really great to see Josh's character's way to acceptance by his sponsors. Really nice bonding moments/

All in all 

I give it an easy A

Tho I personally still wouldnt go to these meetings & share my personal stuff (Idk most of the 'crowd' @ these meetings really didnt seem too into any of the guys' stories)

Idk maybe its an Americal thing

Edited by Tauriel
  • Like 2