Dementeleus

MGM is letting John Wayne's THE ALAMO die

There's a letter going around (drafted, of all people, by Jeffrey Wells), asking MGM to allow an independently-funded restoration of the movie. So far J.J. Abrams, Matt Reeves, Rian Johnson, and the Three Amigos (del Toro, Cuaron, Inarritu) have signed it.

Hopefully with this push it will happen. 

I just watched the behind the scenes on restoring the Godfather and its incredible the process they go through. 

• Like 3

I find it amazing that mgm are allowing this to happen to such (in my opinion ) a great movie,

if mgm don't want to spend the money to restore this classic or allow donations for this to take place

why not sell the rights to the movie, the fans can donate to make this happen

What I also cant understand is the Wayne family allowing this, I know John Wayne sold his rights to the film to recoup his investment, but this was his dream project the film he wanted to make and its a shame that this is being allowed, would this happen if he were alive today?

If it ever does get restored to its former roadshow glory im sure some if not all of the investment would be recouped, cinema screenings, blu ray, dvd, and a charity screening in aid of the John Wayne Cancer Foundation, but all we can do is hope keep the faith fans and :-

REMEMBER THE ALAMO