In the Land of Blood and Honey

2 members have voted

1. 1. Grade In the Land of Blood and Honey

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Yes, this movie is about eeeeeevil Serbs. But that shouldn`t be a news for you cause you know The Crusader. Has there ever been a more evil entity than him? Voldemort shits his pants when he just hears about He Who Should Not Even Cross Your Mind Let Alone Be Named. So you know what averige Serbs are like and that`s all in this movie. 100% autheticity. So evil they twirl mustache literally. After all, they made Serbian Movie so yeah, that`s the proof right there. Not that Germans making Human Centipede proves anything about them but,hey, they are not Serbs. Serbs are evil in everything they do, say, dream,think,etc. Cause Angelina says so.In short, this movie will please only fans of eeeeeevil Serbs.Seriously, what a piece of CNN garbage. Shame on Angelina and eevryone who supported this piece of biased political shit.

Edited by fishnets
  • Like 1

Yes, this movie is about eeeeeevil Serbs. But that shouldn`t be a news for you cause you know The Crusader. Has there ever been a more evil entity than him? Voldemort shits his pants when he just hears about He Who Should Not Even Cross Your Mind Let Alone Be Named. So you know what averige Serbs are like and that`s all in this movie. 100% autheticity. So evil they twirl mustache literally. After all, they made Serbian Movie so yeah, that`s the proof right there. Not that Germans making Human Centipede proves anything about them but,hey, they are not Serbs. Serbs are evil in everything they do, say, dream,think,etc. Cause Angelina says so.In short, this movie will please only fans of eeeeeevil Serbs.Seriously, what a piece of CNN garbage. Shame on Angelina and eevryone who supported this piece of biased political shit.

<3 <3 <3 my gf just got a text that we ain't together anymore

I'm hesitating even posting my thoughts here because I don't feel like getting in an argument. I can't claim to have half the knowledge about Bosnia or the Bosnian War as Crusader or even Fishnets so let's just get that out of the way now.I thought it was powerful, brutal, and relentless. I knew going in this was going to be harsh and I imagine it would have been even more hard hitting had I not read a couple reviews before (some critics have no regards for spoiler warnings). The performances from the leads were very strong. And yes, it was a basically one sided portrayal. Serbs were generally shown as villains- I wouldn't say "evil"- but yes they were shown as clear aggressors, with agendas to cleanse Bosnia of Muslims (though there were individuals shown to have mixed feelings about this tactic). There was dialogue that tried to give justification for things like the Srebrenica Massacre ("these Muslims killed xxx amount of Serb civilians last week" etc), but it would have been more effective shown than said- so yes I think it could have shown how the Serbs also suffered in the war but it didn't.With that said it's hard to argue that these atrocities didn't happen- rape camps, genocide, and the like. And this movie was cold and brutal in its depiction of it (yes I'm aware it happened on both sides too before and during). Like all war movies, it shows the conflict through the perspective of a few characters- namely Muslim Aijla, her Serbian lover/soldier Danjiel, and her sister. It showed how all of their lives got torn apart as a result and it was uncomfortable to watch, though very well done for a directorial debut- and for a low budget film it certainly had admirable production values and some well done war scenes. The relationship at the center was twisted, a cat and mouse "forbidden love" story that didn't have a chance despite their efforts. There was some dialogue that was a little clunky and clearly for the benefit of the audience who didn't know much about the history of the conflict, but even so it's still a confusing issue to follow. Ultimately, like I had expected, I don't think it served so much to blame Serbians for the war but rather the West and their non-intervention for so long. And it is disturbing to think that all this was going on in Europe just in the last decade, a half hour from Italy. It doesn't quit until the very end and the end is gut wrenching just like the rest of the movie. But I do think that this is an important film for people to watch about something that was largely ignored while it happened and is now for the most part forgotten.8.5/10