Asyulus

Did The Hobbit 3 underperform at the box office?

In America, yes, big time, episodes 2&3 sold half the tickets two towers and return of the king sold.

Internationnaly, difficult to say, I just know that the movies sold between 1,5 and 2,3 m less tickets than the first trilogy in France.

The Hobbit films are massive success nevertheless but the original trilogy was a BEHEMOTH.

Really? I think that it did not outperform ROTK with DOS exchange rates because of that.

Seems like we are opposite, since in my opinion AUJ was the weakest and BOFA is the best.

Edited by Sythus

Really? I think that it did not outperform ROTK with DOS exchange rates because of that.

Seems like we are opposite, since in my opinion AUJ was the weakest and BOFA is the best.

You can forget box office relative to LOTR. There is not competition there if you adjust by inflation... Talking about this trilogy, AUJ was the best talking about to be faithful to the book. Edited by peludo

In America, yes, big time, episodes 2&3 sold half the tickets two towers and return of the king sold.

Internationnaly, difficult to say, I just know that the movies sold between 1,5 and 2,3 m less tickets than the first trilogy in France.

The Hobbit films are massive success nevertheless but the original trilogy was a BEHEMOTH.

Uhm, what is the meaning of BEHEMOTH?

Absolutely agree. Hobbit has sold about 2.5-3 million tickets for each film and, in Spain, LOTR sold between 6.4-7 million with each installment. There is not contest. There is nothing bigger than LOTR in Spain beyond James Cameron, a local film, E.T and Doctor Zhivago.

Edited by peludo

Absolutely agree. Hobbit has sold about 2.5-3 million tickets for each film and, in Spain, LOTR sold between 6.4-7 million with each installment. There is not contest. There is nothing bigger than LOTR in Spain beyond James Cameron, a local film, E.T and Doctor Zhivago.

What are the final ticket sales for Hobbit films in Spain?