rukaio101

CAYOM Theme Competition- Round #1: Resurrection

Well, I mentioned it in the Revival Thread, so here it is. The brand new CAYOM Theme Competition! (I'll think of a catchier name later.)

Basically, the competition is largely what it says on the tin. Each trimester, I (or a random word generator) come up with a theme. Then entrants create their own original film based on that theme. It can be anything. Blockbusters, Oscar baits, drama, comedy, even a filler if you want to half-ass it, as long as it is original. Then, once Part 1 is over, we vote on which we liked the best. Rinse and repeat.

Rules

• To enter, you have to post the name of your film in this thread. If you don't do that, it won't be counted. I'd appreciate it if you give a link to the post in the Part 1 thread as well.
  • Only 1 entry per player.
  • It has to have a tangible strong connection to the given theme. Not just a minor mention here and there. And if we receive enough complaints from people who think it shouldn't count, we will put it to a vote.
  • Original means original. It cannot be based on any existing property. I'm a little bit iffy about existing real-life events, but if I think the connection is strong enough, I'll let them pass. 
  • Voting will take place for as long as Part 2 lasts and will be done via a poll on this thread. You have one vote per player and you cannot vote for your own entry.

Okay, with that out of the way, time to announce the theme for this month. And I figured, since this is (hopefully) CAYOM's Grand Revival, what would be a more appropriate theme than.....

Current Theme: Resurrection (Y10 T1)

So by original property, does that include CAYOM franchises?AKA hypothetically, if I wanted to make Chuck Norris and Liam Neeson vs. Jesus, would that be against the rules?

(Not making Chuck and Liam v. Jesus lol)

So by original property, does that include CAYOM franchises?AKA hypothetically, if I wanted to make Chuck Norris and Liam Neeson vs. Jesus, would that be against the rules?

(Not making Chuck and Liam v. Jesus lol)

Yes. It has to be unrelated to any previous franchise, real or CAYOM. You can spin it off into its own franchise if it does well and you like it enough, but the entry itself has to stand alone.

• Like 1

Could the entry be used after the competition during normal CAYOM? I think my idea could be spun off into a franchise (and I want to see how it would perform at the BO)

Could the entry be used after the competition during normal CAYOM? I think my idea could be spun off into a franchise (and I want to see how it would perform at the BO)

Yes it can. You can do whatever you want with it after the round is over. The only restriction is that it has to be an original, standalone film at the time of the contest.

• Like 1