K1stpierre

We Are Your Friends (2015)

3 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it:

Ok, so I spent a lot of years in the clubs doing E and listening to electronic dance music, so perhaps my opinion of this movie is because I've been there.  And because of this, it's one of my favourite films of the summer.  It does a fairly good job of making you or helping you understand club life.  Yes, there are lots of drugs taken here, there's lots of people gyrating to the beat and there's lots of sex, all staples of raving and clubbing.  There is also a really nice love triangle and the four lead actors in here absolutely kill it.  John Bernhal might as well be channeling his character from Wolf of Wall Street.  He's terrific here as the slimy business man who will do anything to make a buck.  Efron and Ratajakowski are good as well but it's Bentley who shines.  I've been a fan since american Beauty and he doesn't disappoint here.

We Are Your Friends is a fun film filled with cool music and beautiful people and the ending of kind of gave me chills.

8.5/10

• Like 1