Grade It:  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Grade It:

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

This movie is a ton of fun but that's really it.

Before seeing this movie I saw the 2005 Joe Wright adaptation of Pride and Prejudice for the first time. Now THAT was a brilliant movie because it had one thing this movie lacked: depth.

PPZ was so great to see in the theater. It's great to see Seth Grahame-Smith's vision of badass Lizzie and Darcy come to life. The sets, costumes, makeup, and acting were all great, and it provided some good jumpscares (such as when Darcy blows the head off of a zombie who was talking to Lizzie). Special mention goes to Matt Smith as Mr. Collins, whose fumbling way of talking is hilarious and endearing (the audience at the theater absolutely loved him, so it's not just me who's saying this). And the mid-credits sequence is my favorite post-credits sequence I've seen ever. But it's just a popcorn experience. It's not something I would watch again to look for subtleties in the script (I'm pretty sure there aren't any).

79/100 - mid-range B+

"Pride and Prejudice and Garbage"

The more I think about it, the bigger "meh" this movie gets from me. I don't really remember much from it after only 24 hours, and not much made an impression on me. Some of the zombie stuff was cool... I guess, and there was some good cinematography. But the film as a whole really didn't do much for me at all. 2 parts sloppy re-telling of Pride and Prejudice and 1 part entertaining.

• Like 1

Admittedly tame for a zombie movie, and should've gone all out and just be rated R for violence, and for horror fans not nearly enough of the undead, I still found this adaptation, for a novel I've never read mind you, do be fairly entertaining mainly for the main actors, Lily James and Sam Riley.

***½/*****, (B-, 6.8/10, 2.75/4)