baumer

Shut In (2016)

Grade it  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

Shut In: I wonder what the writers were thinking when they wrote this film. I would bet they had The Shining on in the background while writing this because this is such a blatant ripoff.

This movie has got to be one of the stupidest, ill conceived films I have seen in quite sometime. This film thinks its being so smart yet the characters make the dumbest decisions, it's predictable, the dialog at times is cliche, and the twist. MY GOD THE TWIST. The twist in this movie is so bad that it's an insult to the audience member.

Naomi Watts and Oliver Platt both deserve better then this film. They both give decent performances but this film just wastes them. Looking on the IMDB page, this is writer Christina Hodson's first script. She is also attached to write Transformers 6, and a film called Unforgettable, which stars Katherine Heigl so let that sink in.

Thank god I had a friend to this film and since he hated it, we got to bounce off jokes otherwise I would probably be pissed off right now.

Grade: F

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

This movie was so bad. It had no suspense. You don't know what Naomi Watts is scared of. Nothing makes sense. There's a big plot twist that doesn't work because there was no plot to be twisted in the first place if you know what I mean. It was just one of the worst movie I've ever seen. Shut In makes me consider upgrading all the other movies I rated 0,5 stars on Letterboxd, because it sets a new low.