chasmmi

Chasmmi's top 250 films of all time - Because I honestly had this idea at the same time and it's not a Ripoff - :)

115th - Jumanji

jumanji에 대한 이미지 검색결과

We're getting to the top of my Robin Williams list now...

This film was great when i was a kid, and then i watched it again a year ago and... it's still great and I'll fight anyone who wants to disagree.

Jumanji is a great adventure story. It was an early foray into special effects heavy craziness and even though it is dated now visually, the film stands up really well upon rewatches. Williams is awesome as always, but Hunt, Dunst and boy are all also great alongside him. 

If the remake/sequel is even half as good, then I will be happy with it. 

• Like 3

114th - National Treasure

national treasure에 대한 이미지 검색결과

The film Da Vinci code should have been.

And possibly the best Indiana Jones film in the past 20 years. National Treasure is everything I want an adventure story to be. It is big, over the top, hunting for something impossible while doing ridiculous things. It is a modern Indiana Jones film with Cage being at his action hero best throughout. 

It's so much fun and why there is no third one I just do not know. 

• Like 2

113rd - Guardians of the Galaxy

guardians of the galaxy에 대한 이미지 검색결과

The most fun film in the Marvel Universe.

This is a film that knows how fun it is, and runs with that from start to finish. It's crazy, stupid fun that just makes you want to laugh throughout. I never expected Batista to be so funny, or for a tree to be one of the best characters in Marvel. 

Obviously everyone has seen this film by now, so there is not really any persuasion required here.  

• Like 3

112nd - Kung Fu Panda

kung fu panda에 대한 이미지 검색결과

The film that started Dreamworks' best franchise.

I saw this film on a plane after exhausting all other options available. I was expecting awfulness and what I got was one of the best origin stories out there. This film is so good and it's still crazy to me how that could be the case. 

All of the voicework is great, the heroes journey is crafted so well, and the payoff is excellent. It's just a damn good film. 

• Like 3

111th - Love Actually

Love Actually에 대한 이미지 검색결과

The Avengers of British Rom Com right here. 

This is the ultimate British Romantic Comedy (or about 9 comedies in one film), and every one lands well with me. I think it is just a great film to put on and just enjoy as a celebration of love in different forms and a whole bunch of silliness thrown in to boot. 

• Like 2

110th - Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 2

mockingjay part 2에 대한 이미지 검색결과

I know that a lot of people hate the final film. I did not.

I was really surprised by how good this film series was. I avoided it for a couple of years after it was released because it was dubbed as the next Twilight and that made me run far far away. 

Then I happened to watch it on VOD for reasons I don't remember, and it turned out that I really liked the story, characters and universe in this series. Yes splitting part three in two was more than likely not needed. However I still believe this is a great franchise with a strong final installment.  

• Like 3

109th - Snowpiercer

snowpiercer에 대한 이미지 검색결과

It's been a while since anything with Korean connections showed up...

Snowpiercer is the best train film ever. Even better than Under Siege. Snowpiercer is such a great blend of Hollywood actors doing Korean style cinema. It is a joy to watch and the performances of people such as Swinton, Evans and Song are through the roof. 

Also the blackout fight scene is one of the best action scenes ever in my opinion. This is a great film and I hope Okja is as good next month. 

• Like 4

108th - Snatch

snatch에 대한 이미지 검색결과

By far Guy Ritchie's best.

I decided to give Snatch a chance despite hating Lock Stock and I am so glad that I did. This is one of the best British films ever made. Statham, Pitt, Jones etc all play their roles perfectly and the way the plots weave and meld together is so expertly done. 

Hopefully one day, Guy can approach this level of greatness again. 

• Like 2

107th - 22 Jump Street

22 jump street에 대한 이미지 검색결과

The scene in Ice Cube's office where Tatum comes to a realisation about something that happened alone makes this an all time great comedy. 

21 Jump Street was great, this was greater. Everything good about the first was ramped up to 1 million and it is so funny to watch. Parts of this film were so funny it actually hurt to laugh so much. I just love this franchise and as long as they stay funny, I could watch them for years and years to come. 

Also the end credits were genius.  

• Like 3

106th - Demolition Man

demolition man에 대한 이미지 검색결과

As the years go by, this film just seems to get more and more relevant. 

Whether it is sex via computer, President Schwarzenegger or shoving seashells up one's arse, this film seemed to know the future we were going to be living in decades ahead of time. On top of that, it is just a great mix of action and comedy that results in one of the best action films ever made.

This is the best thing Stallone ever did that wasn't a franchise, and Bullock and Snipes are more than adequate co-stars too. 

Such a fun and great film. 

• Like 3

105th - John Rambo

john rambo에 대한 이미지 검색결과

Rambo 4, who would have thought it?

I loved this film. I did not expect to find this to be as good as it was. But 2006-8 was truly the reincarnation of Sly's careers. Rocky and rambo came back from the dead and it was glorious. 

This film was not going to win any Oscars or Boffies, but it is a great action story, with good stakes and a great hero. I'm open to number 5. 

• Like 2

104th - John Wick 2

John Wick 2에 대한 이미지 검색결과

This one is for @Tele Came Back

I won't say too much in case some people haven't seen this yet, but it is a great sequel to a great action film. This universe is so well built and McShane and Reeves sell the world so well that I just love everything that happens in these films. 

I like it when films go all shooty shooty bang bang and this film does that better than most films do. 

• Like 3

103rd - Hidden Figures

hidden figures에 대한 이미지 검색결과

and now a film with no shooty shooty bang bang.

Very little needs to be said about this film. It is a great story, told by great actors and directed by a great director. This film was dramatic, uplifting and surprisingly funny and one of the best biopics of the decade. 

Everyone should see this. 

• Like 3

102nd - Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

best exotic marigold hotel에 대한 이미지 검색결과

Another charming British comedy featuring legends of British acting world.

This is a film where a bunch of old people move to India and then nothing happens. And it is great. So great. Pick an actor in this, they were great. This was just a wonderful way to pass 90 minutes with a smile on one's face. 

Maybe this one will be more up @Tele Came Back's street?

• Like 3

101st - A Knight's Tale

a knights tale에 대한 이미지 검색결과

And the last one for today to reach the top 100...

Heath Ledger was going to be one of the best actors ever. He showed that with his Joker performance, but even before there were signs he was charisma on legs. Here was one of those signs. 

I will fight anybody who tell's me that this is a bad film (and I know that may require me to do a lot of fighting). The cast is great, the comedy fun and overall the silliness just makes this so enjoyable to watch. I love the blending of modern music with medieval jousting, it's so ridiculous that it works. ANd that is may thought for the film in general too.   

• Like 2

100th - The Addams Family

the addams family에 대한 이미지 검색결과

A film with another of my early first loves in it: Wednesday Addams. 

But enough about that, this was just a really funny film. Christopher Lloyd is great, Molina is great, Ricci is wonderful. Everything is in such good spirits and the humour lands every time for me. One of my favourite films growing up and it still holds up to me. 

A classic. 

• Like 3

99th - Big Hero 6

big hero 6에 대한 이미지 검색결과

Forget Frozen, Zootopia and Ralph. I love Big Hero 6.

Baymax is one of the best Disney characters ever. The film is fun, crazy, charming and everything in between. Yes the villain could be better, but as an origin story this was fantastic. I loved every character, and really wish there will be more. 

• Like 4

98th - A Time to Kill

a time to kill에 대한 이미지 검색결과

The Best Matthew has ever been, the best Bullock has ever been and possibly the best Jackson has ever been.

this film is one of the greatest courtroom films ever. It is gutwrenching, powerful, and every performance backs up the subject matter being handled. The closing argument is one of the best monologues in film history period and I just cannot believe that this director went on to do Batman and Robin.  

• Like 3

97th - Who Framed Roger Rabbit

who framed roger rabbit에 대한 이미지 검색결과

Oh god I love this film. 

When I look at this list, I realise just how versatile Doc Brown is. This film was a joy to watch and Hoskins does so well acting against bugger all for most of the film. Yes it is silly, yes it is amazing child me was allowed to watch this, but still I did and I loved it. While being pretty scared too. 

They can't make films like this anymore.  

• Like 5