Random2

Raegr's Controversial Box Office Predictions of 2018

1 hour ago, ck5111 said:

Honestly really excited to move past the dead months lol 

I honestly find January usually really interesting because it's got the potential for break-outs, which I find more exciting runs to follow than guaranteed hits (aka, Split, Get Out, It runs were more fun than GOTG2 or SMH)

4 hours ago, DAJK said:

I honestly find January usually really interesting because it's got the potential for break-outs, which I find more exciting runs to follow than guaranteed hits (aka, Split, Get Out,

2017 was luxury back to poorly received movies with meh potential

Edited by NamakFiskKa
  • Sad 1

Sorry I haven't updated this, duty calls...

Now I'm back!

January 26th, 2018

Spoiler

Maze Runner: The Death Cure

Maze Runner is a franchise with a solid track record. With small budgets, these movies bring in tremendous profit and appeal very well to their target demographics. This movie will be the first big scale action movie of 2018, which should wet the palates of fans of the series and the general audience. Judging by the performance of the first two films, it's safe to say that this will perform in that vicinity.

With that being said:

35M/93M/330M

(2.65x)

February 2nd:

Let's be honest here, God Particle will be delayed again, moving on...

February 9th:

Peter Rabbit

Peter Rabbit is being released by Sony and despite concerns of quality, SONY animated movies tend to be profitable at the very least. There isn't much buzz or excitement for this and BP will steal most it's audience the following weekend. With that being said:

15M/50M/126M

Fifty Shades DARKER

The fifty Shades franchise is pretty much infamous at this point and notoriously frontloaded. The films open relatively big but have disastrous legs afterwards and I expect Fifty Shades Darker to be no different. The film will not have critic word of mouth on it's side judging from the way previous installments were received and lastly there is little to no buzz for this film, less interested than previous films. With that being said:

39M/105M/350M

Edited by ck5111

Sound the alarm, I'm throwing a massive curve ball!

February 16th 2018

Early Man who cares, something something 15.46M/47M/86M total

BLACK PANTHER

Coming off the heels of the success of the MCU with recent hits like Spider-Man: Homecoming, Thor Ragnarok, Guardians Vol. 2 and Doctor Strange. Black Panther will not only serve as a follow up to those films but the last MCU film before Avengers Infinity War. Pair that with Black Panther's little competition and it's release date and we have a mega-hit. Domestically the comic book loving audience and white general audience will show up but we will see a special turn-out from black folk! Woot woot. Internationally however, audiences aren't too kind, especially Asian markets but as Fast and The Furious has proven, it can be done. So with that being said, I unapologetically think Black Panther will do:

115M/360M/780M

(3.13x)