Grade it  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

I can see why this got delayed several times, and had a title change. 

Father Figures is an unfunny comedy that studios just dumped into theaters  because they could care less about it. The lead actors are a mixed bag, Ed Helms isn’t very memorable and I thought Owen Wilson was ok but definitely wasn’t giving his all like he has the potential to do in some films. The cameos felt kinda forced like the while Terry Bradshaw thing could have been so funny and a great time but the script watered it down to just a huge awkward pay day, Ving Rhames was actually decent, and why are Christopher Walken & J.K. Simmons acting so awkward in this? And this film, felt like it shouldn’t have been an R-rated comedy everything felt unfunny and toned down big time. 

Minus the big downfalls of these Bastards(excuse me that was the original title), Father Figures only few bright spots were the appearance by Katt Williams although it was predictable of what he was supposed to be he was fine for what he had to do, and some of the appearances were fine.

overall Father Figures can be seen as a film that was deserved to be delayed as some of these duds in 2017 have been delayed. Father Figures isn’t the worst of the film but it is not very fatherly and is an unfunny comedy that could have been something maybe decent but nothing to write home about. But it’s just boring, unfunny, and nothing to the table.

grade: D-

• Haha 1