Hiccup23

Hiccup's Critical Review Y-2

Just now, The Shape of Pasta said:

I don’t think I’ve gotten anything over a 3/5 from you yet. Fingers crossed for the next few titles.

Sorry buddy! I have read your other films down the line and I can guarantee it will change. Also as far as AP goes, I think history will be kind to it. I really liked how you did tackle a hard topic and appreciate having films like that on the calendar. I definitely can see it being a sleeper hit with audiences. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Hiccup23 said:

Sorry buddy! I have read your other films down the line and I can guarantee it will change. Also as far as AP goes, I think history will be kind to it. I really liked how you did tackle a hard topic and appreciate having films like that on the calendar. I definitely can see it being a sleeper hit with audiences. 

I admit that it was going to be very hard to get right - You know the novel LUCKY? I think that would do a better job of tackling the subject, so I may try to do that soon.

September 

Ta2ed Teenage Alien Fighters from Beverly Hills- This is an unwanted sequel. It is as unenjoyable and lifeless as the first. Still not the worst cream of the crop. 🍷

Crash Bandicoot- While its animation is lacking and often overly childish, Crash Bandicoot is a solid September animated film with a solid voice cast and family friendly story. It will no doubt be well received by audiences. 🍷 🍷1/2

Flower Eyes and Needle Teeth- This is one of those films that comes out of no where and is so much fun to watch. It isn’t an Oscar film by no means but it is a good picture. I loved the style the film was shot in and Ansel Elgort does an amazing job as Axel. The story feels fresh and definitely stands out from the rest of the Year 2 crowd. 🍷 🍷 🍷1/2

The Terrible Plight of Freddy Zapper- It has its flaws and problems, but its flaws are overlooked easily by its vibrant cast, zany story line, and excellent songs. Seriously, this film was fun and I had a blast watching it. 🍷 🍷 🍷 🍷

Blank- Blank has a strong cast, intriguing story, and Martin McDonagh’s skilled directing abilities. 🍷 🍷 🍷 🍷1/2

Penny Press- Boring and dull, Penny Press is overly long and a uninteresting. Still, Robert Zemeckis does a good job directing and the cast does a decent job. 🍷1/2

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Hiccup23 said:

Crash Bandicoot- While its animation is lacking and often overly childish, Crash Bandicoot is a solid September animated film with a solid voice cast and family friendly story. It will no doubt be well received by audiences. 🍷 🍷1/2

I’ll take that too.

Although I’m curious, what did I miss to give me the 3/5?

October

Closed Domain- It is different and in a good way. I love political films and I greatly enjoyed this. The casting was phenomenal and each actor/actress absolutely nailed their character. The directing was strong and I really think Michelle MacLaren deserves a nomination. It is long and occasionally drags however this is overlooked by the charismatic acting. 🍷🍷🍷🍷1/2

Samurai Pizza Cats- Animation is lovely and the voice actors/actresses so a competent job, but the film just feels meh and silly.  I don’t think I am the right audience for this film.🍷🍷1/2

Isolation- Isolation is a thrilling ride and Liam Neeson shines in the film per usual. This is an above par October film that audiences must see. 🍷🍷🍷1/2

The Amityville Nightmare- Slow, atmospheric, and unnerving, The Amityville Nightmare is a fantastic horror film. The acting is above par for a horror film and David Sandberg takes the over done story of the Amityville House and creates a visual masterpiece. The ending might not please moviegoers but I enjoyed it. 🍷🍷🍷🍷1/2

Blood and Fur 2: Maul- Ma Mater- Was not a fan of the first and this really doesn’t change anything. It is just more of the same old, same old. 🍷🍷

Lenny Lipton and the Super Scary Sleepover- It is nothing more than a fun (scary of kids) Halloween film that is purely harmless. 🍷1/2

• Like 3

November

Treasure Planet- Visually appealing and the direction of Taika Waititi is a blessing, still Treasure Planet suffer from a mediocre story and lack of emotional depth. The acting is borderline lifeless and I think that hurts the overall story. Still this is fun to see on the biggest screen possible in 3D.  🍷🍷🍷

Storm Hunters- Like Treasure Planet this is visually appealing and fun but once again is shallow in story. Chris Pratt and Felicity Jones are fun to watch. 🍷🍷

Deathsgiving- Cliche and very generic, Deathsgiving is still an extremely entertaining and enjoyable film. The film goes all out and will delight horror fans. Anna Paquin is a true delight. 🍷🍷🍷

The Encounter….Airport 2018- Oh man. It is one of those films that is so bad it is almost good. The visuals are cheap and the acting much needing. Still this is weirdly a fun guilty pleasure film. 🍷🍷1/2

Ho! Ho! Ho!- What. The. Actual.Fuck. 🥛

The Parvelli Reunion- Overall the top, balls to the walls, and fucking entertaining, The Parvelli Reunion was an absolute insane, and amazing ride. The cast goes all out and embraces the roles they play. You can tell they had fun doing this film. The ending school fight sequence and events following after were some of the best moments of Y2. This film gives no fucks. 🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷

• Like 4

December

And The Band Played On: Strong cast and important story, And The Band Played On is a good film by the book, but suffers from a overly slow and plodding storyline that makes the film hard to sit through. The film’s high brow acting and storyline largely save it. 🍷 🍷 🍷1/2

Blood Blizzard: A typical and harmless empty horror film. 🍷

Spyro: Dragonheart: Lee Unkrich made a huge mistake. You actually would never now he directed this bland and lifeless animated film. 🍷

Voltron: Rise of Lotor: Visually beautiful, well-directed, and a strong cast, Voltron: Rise of Lotor is a solid blockbuster but it still suffers from sequelitis. 🍷 🍷 🍷

Peter and the Starcatchers: What? 🥛

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hiccup23 said:

Spyro: Dragonheart: Lee Unkrich made a huge mistake. You actually would never now he directed this bland and lifeless animated film. 🍷

Sigh. That’s worse than AM and TOTT

Pulling a @cookie rn but I know one of my films is potentially getting downgraded as well. This is not a good night.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord