Hiccup23

CAYOM Year 3: Discussion

Having now ridden The Tower of Terror and Expedition Everest, I have a few ideas about what I could do for movies of them but nothing concrete. Tower of Terror will probably be the easier of the two to make because it has a basis for a story. Expedition Everest is a little trickier but it could work. Potentially.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cookie said:

WHYYYYYYY is a track this swell in a movie so awful?!!

This is one of the few movie soundtrack pieces I've actually bought. Great song. I actually own The Last Airbender on Blu-ray because it kind of fascinates me. The music, the production design, the cinematography by the late, great Andrew Lesnie - all fantastic. The visual effects are a mixed bag but some are stunning. 

And then the acting and the writing and the fight choreography are all just SO bad, like some direct-to-video martial arts Z-movie from the early 80s. It's like two totally different movies went through a teleporter and got scrambled up. It's something that shouldn't exist in this dimension and I find it oddly hypnotic.

12 hours ago, Rorschach said:

Having now ridden The Tower of Terror and Expedition Everest, I have a few ideas about what I could do for movies of them but nothing concrete. Tower of Terror will probably be the easier of the two to make because it has a basis for a story. Expedition Everest is a little trickier but it could work. Potentially.

I don't think you can do too much with Everest outside of a costly monster B-movie like Kong: Skull Island or something.

Tower of Terror can easily be made into a paranormal murder mystery or a spookhouse movie.

Edited by cookie

I'm delaying Gargoyles to Y4 to make it my big summer tentpole that year (Road to El Dorado 2 will be bounced back a year) plus allowing me to focus on my big three this year (Scavenger Wars, Countdown and Scrooge McDuck).

So to those who were looking forward to it this year... sorry.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Hadean work got bumped, but should be live this week. I’m also going to put up a fun little animated indie I did in 2.0.

A Love Worth Killing For will be a much abridged version of the 2.0 film (It was 6k words, I ain’t making y’all suffer), and I want to put more effort into The Retreat.

Blood and Fur 3 will hopefully be live by Sunday.

Sadly, I’m also gonna have to delay Final Destination 6, I’m not getting a lot of inspiration for it. I do have a cool idea for a horror movie that I do want to try, however, in its place.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Real Talk:

Completed(-ish, cause dis boi likes to change) and posted:

Not Funny 

Lilo and Stitch

My Peoples

Kim Possible

Don’t Let The Pigeon Drive 

Completed but not posted:

Things Fall Apart (thinking about Winston Duke as Okwonkwo)

In Progess but posted:

God Of War (70% completed, missing three major action scenes)

Miraculous (10% completed)

Witches (50% completes)

Alpha Flight (45% completed)

Family Guy TBDMP1O1M (30% completed)

In Progress but unposted

Bullets and Lyrics (20% completed)

Also trying to find a date for a family film, but I’m waiting to see if anyone else is delaying anything.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

Dark Side is gonna get slammed by y'all...but fuck was it fun to write for the most part. I got burnt out at a certain point (I think you will see it). Altogether I am proud of this series. :) It will be up by Tuesday night at latest! 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Hiccup23 said:

Dark Side is gonna get slammed by y'all...but fuck was it fun to write for the most part. I got burnt out at a certain point (I think you will see it). Altogether I am proud of this series. :) It will be up by Tuesday night at latest! 

I'll admit, I'm gonna miss getting new installments of this series every year after this one is done. The first two were so fun to discuss and analyze, even if they weren't exactly high art. :lol:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

I'll admit, I'm gonna miss getting new installments of this series every year after this one is done. The first two were so fun to discuss and analyze, even if they weren't exactly high art. :lol:

Oh don't worry.

Spoiler

You gonna have the Midnight Trilogy. Midnight: Revealed- Y4, Midnight: Turning Point - Y5, and Midnight: Children of the Damned- Y6.  Gay vampire/werewolf/witch series. Basically Vampire Diaries meets Twilight meets Fifty Shades of Grey meets Poison and Wine Trilogy ;) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hiccup23 said:

So after the PAW trilogy, will you make another love story saga for Valentines Day Y4?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

The second one was fun for the meme it birthed if nothing else.

The ”twice in one night” thing obvsly

4 minutes ago, cookie said:

The second one was fun for the meme it birthed if nothing else.

Hide contents

The ”twice in one night” thing obvsly

Almost had a "twice in one night" in Dark Side...drunk me caught the repeat error though haha