Seto Kaiba

Lilo & Stitch | May 23, 2025 | Live-action | Dean Fleischer-Camp (Marcel the Shell) directs

16 minutes ago, AnthonyJPHer said:

I think an opening similar to Aladdin (2019) and The Little Mermaid (2023) is in the cards here. 

So 90-95m 3-day weekend, 115-120m 4-day weekend for Lilo and Stitch.

2 minutes ago, Mickiland16 said:

I think this is the closest they can get to top Alice in Wonderland as their highgest grossing no-musical remake. But I don't think it will top it unless WOM is veeryyy good. 

$100M OW/$300M DOM/$900M WW is what I predict for now 

wow i didn't realize predictions for this movie would be that high.

46 minutes ago, Mickiland16 said:

I think this is the closest they can get to top Alice in Wonderland as their highgest grossing no-musical remake. But I don't think it will top it unless WOM is veeryyy good. 

$100M OW/$300M DOM/$900M WW is what I predict for now 

Alice In Wonderland 2010 was NOT a remake of the animated movie but a sequel to the original Caroll novel.

I think this movie depends a lot on how it looks, people will absolutely show up because they love stitch but if he looks very off-putting or uncanny against the real backgrounds and people then I think that hurts its chances of being humongous and it just turns out good.

This was originally going to be for streaming before they switched gears last year so they do have time to make it the quality it needs to be. 

13 hours ago, Mickiland16 said:

My bad, I guess adaptation? Need a word to include them all considering that Cruella isn't really a remake either lol 

Reinterpretations? That's the best I have. I'd put Cruella, Maleficent 1 and 2 and then Alice 1 and 2 in that category. They don't really put in any effort to homage besides offhand stuff and are doing their own thing mostly. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wattage said:

I think this movie depends a lot on how it looks, people will absolutely show up because they love stitch but if he looks very off-putting or uncanny against the real backgrounds and people then I think that hurts its chances of being humongous and it just turns out good.

This was originally going to be for streaming before they switched gears last year so they do have time to make it the quality it needs to be. 

The reaction to the Stitch reveal seemed very good overall, general audience is going to be fine with him I think. The question now is for Jumba and Pleakley. 

Out of all the D23 news that came out, the Stitch reveal was definitely the big one that got people hyped and excited. You look at Disney Studios' Instagram or TikTok and it doubled, if not moreso the views and likes that Mufasa and Snow White's full trailers got. I think Stitch's look has satisfied the masses.

3 hours ago, Mickiland16 said:

The reaction to the Stitch reveal seemed very good overall, general audience is going to be fine with him I think. The question now is for Jumba and Pleakley. 

I also love his design as we saw it and was one of the excited people but I can see a scenario where it looks very odd in a real setting, he was just in front of the white background at D23 so I'm waiting on that full trailer or a teaser trailer. Even if he looks weird though it'll be big but humongous vs big like I said. I really can see this making 800+. Stitch is super popular and people love that movie, it's *the* 00s era Disney film for a lot of people my age for sure. 

• Like 2