movies!movies!

Poms | STX | May 10, 2019 | Diane Keaton, Jacki Weaver, Pam Grier

https://deadline.com/2019/01/diane-keaton-comedy-poms-to-spur-cheers-over-mothers-day-weekend-1202533140/

STX films will open their AFM acquisition Poms on May 10, Mother’s Day weekend.

The Diane Keaton movie opens close to a year after her previous hit spring comedy Book Club which earned $90M WW. When it comes to launching female-skewing fare, studios try to capitalize on Mother’s Day weekend as a launch pad. It’s where such pics as Melissa McCarthy’s mother-daughter comedy Life of the Party opened a year ago ($17.9M), and where Fox’s Amy Schumer-Goldie Hawn comedy Snatched opened in 2017 to $19.5M.

STX took U.S. rights to the eOne-produced Poms for $8M-$9M at AFM, as exclusively reported by Deadline.

Keaton plays a woman who after moving into a retirement community, starts a cheerleading squad with fellow residents. Pam Grier and Jacki Weaver also star. Zara Hayes directed the script by Shane Atkinson based on a story by Hayes and Atkinson.

Edited by movies!movies!

So I was just scrolling through Fandango, and randomly decided to see if tickets were  on sale or not.

Lo and behold, I discovered  that this movie is having previews start at 3 PM. 4 PM was already stretching it, but how on Earth can STX justify this as Thursday previews now?

• Haha 1

Just now, CoolEric258 said:

So I was just scrolling through Fandango, and randomly decided to see if tickets were  on sale or not.

Lo and behold, I discovered  that this movie is having previews start at 3 PM. 4 PM was already stretching it, but how on Earth can STX justify this as Thursday previews now?

Well, considering this movie's audience is gonna be 99.9% over the age of 60 (a crowd that doesn't go out at night), I guess they can. :lol: