Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

From Goffe

The theater I usually go has already sold 1/3 of the tickets for the first showing. That's huuuuge over here, especially considering that the OW is still 2 months away and that SW was never popular here, films like Fantastic Four and Constantine sold more tickets than ROTS for example. People never, I mean never buy tickets in advance, Mockingjay 2 didn't sell ONE single ticket yet, and they're selling tickets for that movie for a month now.

So I just watched MJ1's performance compared to CF both DOM and OS and I must say I'm not impressed.

It lost around 90m DOM over CF and I even decreased OS. That is quite disappointing.

MJ2 will face disappointment about MJ1, currency issues because of the stronger dollar in most OS territories and a strong competition in China where it's already a very weak franchise.

So I just expect it to have CF numbers or slightly higher OS, at best.

That's a bit worrying.

While economics are not my area of expertise I tried to know more about ER in Brazil.

Last week the dollar was worth R$3.84 on average while this week seems to be around R$3.90. R$4 or more in one month can't be excluded.

I could be wrong because I don't know anything about finances or economics, how does that work? How could the Real go beyond R$4? How is the economy of Brazil? Thank you in advance for your answer

Edited by Arthur Pendragon

While economics are not my area of expertise I tried to know more about ER in Brazil.

Last week the dollar was worth R$3.84 on average while this week seems to be around R$3.90. R$4 or more in one month can't be excluded.

I could be wrong because I don't know anything about finances or economics, how does that work? How could the Real go beyond R$4? How is the economy of Brazil? Thank you in advance for your answer

Fullbuster is the expert on this, he'll be the best person to answer. Even though I live in Brazil, I don't know nothing about it    :lol:

So I just watched MJ1's performance compared to CF both DOM and OS and I must say I'm not impressed.

It lost around 90m DOM over CF and I even decreased OS. That is quite disappointing.

MJ2 will face disappointment about MJ1, currency issues because of the stronger dollar in most OS territories and a strong competition in China where it's already a very weak franchise.

So I just expect it to have CF numbers or slightly higher OS, at best.

That's a bit worrying.

MJ1 only decreased in dollar, it increased in LC, MJ2 will easily surpass $500m OS thanks to 3D