Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

It's sad, but you are right :(

Well, people should just not care about them and do everything they can to succeed by themselves, the key part here is not to expect something from them :)

Look at the American Energy Revolution : the US is now the biggest energy producer ahead of Saudi Arabia and Russia, it's the phenomenon of this decade, it's already affecting the energy markets in a big way, and the US economy is strongly benefiting from it...And you know what? American politicians had nothing to do with it, it's a revolution started by the civil society thanks to brilliant men and women and innovative technologies, so who needs them anyway? I just ask one thing to politicians : get out of my way B)

• Like 1

You don't like him, but you can't say "we" because Aecio will have around 25% of the vote in the first round, it's a significant part, as big as Marina's.

You know what I meant by "we". Don't pretend you don't. 

And where are you getting those numbers from? He has 21% of the votes in the Datafolha poll and 19% in the Ibope poll. 

Edited by Wally

You know what I meant by "we". Don't pretend you don't. 

And where are you getting those numbers from? He has 21% of the votes in the Datafolha poll and 19% in the Ibope poll. 

B)

PS : I read that on a French article saying Aecio Neves could surprise and would have 24% in a poll from October 2nd.

Edited by Fullbuster

Interesting article :

iOlKJg1x5Hgc.jpg

Brazil Magic Lost by Rousseff as $300 Billion Evaporates

Minutes after being sworn in as president of Brazil in January 2011, Dilma Rousseff delivered an emotional inaugural address in which she proclaimed the country was at the “beginning of a new era.”

For investors, she was right for all the wrong reasons.

The Rousseff era has ushered in year after year of declines in financial markets, a stark contrast to the go-go days overseen by her predecessor and mentor, Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva, that made Brazil a market darling. She is seeking re-election this weekend after a first term in which the country’s benchmark stock index plunged 22 percent, erasing about $300 billion of market value, and the real sank 33 percent.

It’s a grim snapshot for a president who took over what Lula said in November 2010 was a country enjoying a “magical moment,” posting the fastest expansion in a quarter century and helping lead the global economy out of recession following the financial crisis. After four years of Rousseff’s intervention across the economy and a slump in prices for Brazilian commodity exports, the country is mired in something akin to stagflation as growth weakens to the slowest pace in two decades and inflation surges.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-10-03/brazil-magic-lost-by-rousseff-as-300-billion-evaporates.html

Quite ugly shift...