Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

Foreign breakdown on Interstellar includes a No. 1 spot in Korea with $14.1m on 1,310 screens; United Kingdom with $8.4m off 1,298 and 60% of the market; Russia with $8.1m on 1,800, France with $5m from 747 hubs including previews and close to 50% of the entire B.O. market; Germany with $4.4m on 715, Italy with $3.6m from 580 screens, Australia with $4.1m on 548, Spain with $2.6m on 555 and close to 50% of the market, Mexico with $3.2m on 1,597 and Brazil with $1.9m from 411.

Only 411 screens in Brazil, it's very low for such a market....The gap between Brazil and Mexico is HUGE despite these countries have a similar BO market size.

411 screens?? WHAT???? I just read the news that THG3 will be the biggest release EVER in our country. (1.400 screens) Yet, they can't pull more than 500 screens for Interstellar??? Cinema I Hate You!

Ahaha you're right ^^

1,400 screens for THG3 it's just HUGE :o This movie could increase a lot over THG2 :o

brazil-hi.jpg

BRAZIL BOX OFFICE ADMISSIONS :

January-October 2013 : 127 million admissions

January-October 2014 : 130.9 million admissions

EVOLUTION 2013-2014 : +3.9 million admissions (+3.1%)

It's improving  and I can see an improvement in November thanks to Hunger Games 3, however it's still a relatively slow growth.

At least it's growing.

• Like 1

brazil-hi.jpg

BRAZIL BOX OFFICE ADMISSIONS :

January-October 2013 : 127 million admissions

January-October 2014 : 130.9 million admissions

EVOLUTION 2013-2014 : +3.9 million admissions (+3.1%)

It's improving  and I can see an improvement in November thanks to Hunger Games 3, however it's still a relatively slow growth.

At least it's growing.

Amazing!!! specially taking in account The World Cup!!! :)

• Like 1

October: third month of continuous growth:

Public high (12.6%) and income (16.4%) help to drive away the pessimistic predictions for 2014. National Films, however, had sharp declines.

Filme B

Did you use Google Trad to translate this, because the beginning of your sentence makes no sense. :huh:

About Brazilian movies it's not a surprise,they always were a small part of this market and this year I didn't see any big Brazilian movie able to make to the top 10.