Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

Yes, I do live in France :) To be honest with you French movies are mostly not my cup of tea, I'm really in love with the American cinema. About the quality of French we have generally a few good movies every year and the rest is mediocre or crappy so that's not different from Brazil given the best movies are most of the time exported abroad.

About learning French that shouldn't be too hard, I mean Portuguese and French both come from Latin and have many words in common, the grammar has a similar structure in both languages, so you prboably can do it without sweating too much. Now the question is : isthat really useful to you? The economy is pretty bad here and the country is increasingly close-minded and hostile to foreigners, so you need to be sure.

Yeah I don't think it would be useful, but I just have an interest in learning other languages other than Portuguese and English, specially French, German and Italian    :blush:

Yeah I don't think it would be useful, but I just have an interest in learning other languages other than Portuguese and English, specially French, German and Italian    :blush:

If you want a useful one, take German among those ones. And why not Spanish? Your neighbors are almost all Spanish-speaking and Portuguese/Spanish have 89% of their vocabulary in common. I know English is the most learned foreign language in Brazil and that's quite logical given how important it is but I always got the feeling Brazilians are not interested in Spanish language despite their neighborhood speaks it.

• Like 1

If you want a useful one, take German among those ones. And why not Spanish? Your neighbors are almost all Spanish-speaking and Portuguese/Spanish have 89% of their vocabulary in common. I know English is the most learned foreign language in Brazil and that's quite logical given how important it is but I always got the feeling Brazilians are not interested in Spanish language despite their neighborhood speaks it.

I really, really, really hate Spanish, the worst language in world

Because my old Spanish teacher was so terrible, that left me traumatized :lol:

LOL, just because of a teacher, that's pretty weak o_o My first English teacher in middle school was pretty scary and severe but my interested in English language and the US never weakened :D For Spanish I mostly learned it all by myself so it's a bit different.

Spanish is so similar to Portuguese there's no fun in learning it    :lol:

• Like 1

Spanish is so similar to Portuguese there's no fun in learning it    :lol:

I clearly can see your point, that does make sense :) Still, it's spoken by around 600million people in the world and you can learn it very easily so why not doing it anyway? It's an advantage you can easily get so you should take the time to do it :)

• Like 1

LOL, just because of a teacher, that's pretty weak o_o My first English teacher in middle school was pretty scary and severe but my interested in English language and the US never weakened :D For Spanish I mostly learned it all by myself so it's a bit different.

How many languages you speak?    :blink: