Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

4 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Omg, Spectre is getting an exclusive Mockingjay preview!! If Spectre end up being a surprise hit DOM, we all know what to say, right? 'Congrats, Mockingjay' VmL33bR.gif

I saw the Fb thing.  Very impressive.  And good on Lg with the preview.  I think Spectre will do well domestically, but not as good as Skyfall.  We will see.  As far as MJ2 goes, Spectre could do average to good and Mockingjay could still do amazing.  I'm tracking sales right now and I would say they are decent.  I checked New York and San Francisco just for fun and NY has 7 sellouts ans Sf has 6.  Looked at other places and theaters are anywhere from 60 to 90 percent full.  I would say that is good for  a movie that comes out over 2 weeks from now.

• Like 1

I forgot to mention too, about Spectre, I don't like negativity but I was right.  Spectre is getting slaughtered in reviews.  It dropped from a 78 to now 69 percent on rotten tomatoes in a matter of 2 days once it got to the us.  At this point it might even go rotten.  It's going to hurt Spectre a lot imo and I hate to see that happen.  Kinda feels like what happened with MJ1 last year. Regarding Mj2, wouldn't it be strange if it got amazing reviews over Spectre?  I'm thinking it is going to happen.

6 minutes ago, Audrey said:

I saw the Fb thing.  Very impressive.  And good on Lg with the preview.  I think Spectre will do well domestically, but not as good as Skyfall.  We will see.  As far as MJ2 goes, Spectre could do average to good and Mockingjay could still do amazing.  I'm tracking sales right now and I would say they are decent.  I checked New York and San Francisco just for fun and NY has 7 sellouts ans Sf has 6.  Looked at other places and theaters are anywhere from 60 to 90 percent full.  I would say that is good for  a movie that comes out over 2 weeks from now.

That's really good to read! The movie is also already on the Top 5 of Fandango and at #3 on MT, pretty good for a movie that will be released in 3 weeks 

btw.... You should put a profile pic of our queen to promote the movie of century :P 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Audrey said:

I forgot to mention too, about Spectre, I don't like negativity but I was right.  Spectre is getting slaughtered in reviews.  It dropped from a 78 to now 69 percent on rotten tomatoes in a matter of 2 days once it got to the us.  At this point it might even go rotten.  It's going to hurt Spectre a lot imo and I hate to see that happen.  Kinda feels like what happened with MJ1 last year. Regarding Mj2, wouldn't it be strange if it got amazing reviews over Spectre?  I'm thinking it is going to happen.

I knew it would happen, I told you, Blur, it probably will end up being Rotten, this is actually good news for Mockingjay, since the movie will probably receive mixed WOM, it will be already dead in the release of MJ2, and won't hurt the movie like Skyfall did to BD2 back in 2012.... And the early comments about MJ2 are all amazing, I think we can expect another 80%+ movie at Tomatoes B) 

2 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I knew it would happen, I told you, Blur, it probably will end up being Rotten, this is actually good news for Mockingjay, since the movie will probably receive mixed WOM, it will be already dead in the release of MJ2, and won't hurt the movie like Skyfall did to BD2 back in 2012.... And the early comments about MJ2 are all amazing, I think we can expect another 80%+ movie at Tomatoes B) 

Yes, I would say 80s.  At the very least, I think it will be cerified fresh with bare minimum 74.  70s though is seen as bad, so I would say 80s.  90s isn't out of the question but don't want to get hopes up.  I will be happy with 80s though and certified fresh.  No one can talk carp then

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Audrey said:

Yes, I would say 80s.  At the very least, I think it will be cerified fresh with bare minimum 74.  70s though is seen as bad, so I would say 80s.  90s isn't out of the question but don't want to get hopes up.  I will be happy with 80s though and certified fresh.  No one can talk carp then

Each THG movie ended with a better multiple than the previous one, I wonder if it will happen again? Especially if the movie receive amazing reviews as expected 

8 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Each THG movie ended with a better multiple than the previous one, I wonder if it will happen again? Especially if the movie receive amazing reviews as expected 

With the exception of part 1.  It is possible.  I think part 2 might end up somewhere between the first and second movie.  I would be ok with it.

13 minutes ago, Audrey said:

With the exception of part 1.  It is possible.  I think part 2 might end up somewhere between the first and second movie.  I would be ok with it.

But MJ1 has the best multiple so far:

THG: 2.55x

CF: 2.6x

MJ1: 2.7x (and ppl say that It was bad received.....)

MJ2: 2.9x (?) B) 

Just now, Mockingjay Raphael said:

But MJ1 has the best multiple so far:

THG: 2.55x

CF: 2.6x

MJ1: 2.7x (and ppl say that It was bad received.....)

MJ2: 2.9x (?) B) 

Oh sorry, thought you were talking reviews.  Yes. I believe it will be higher.  I also believe part 2 will do fantastic overseas.  I think 550 mil or more.  Don't give a beep what other ppl say.  We just have to sit back and wait.

5 minutes ago, Audrey said:

Oh sorry, thought you were talking reviews.  Yes. I believe it will be higher.  I also believe part 2 will do fantastic overseas.  I think 550 mil or more.  Don't give a beep what other ppl say.  We just have to sit back and wait.

True! If it end exploding on China (100m+) even $600m is possible..... I really don't get why that franchise is so hated in that forums, if you go to the topic of the movie, there are more haters and trolls than fans, that's ridiculous.......

• Like 1