kayumanggi

HELLBOY: THE CROOKED MAN | 2024 | Brian Taylor directs | Jack Kesy stars

Oh well, this might be one of the worst movies I've ever seen. It's Uwe Boll's level of bad. It seems unfinished. The editing is atrocious. The CGI is hilarious. The budget is probably less than double digits, and it shows.

It has some nice ideas ( setting and tone are fine ), but the execution is horrible. 

Spoiler

Why would a Hellboy movie have a witch breaking the fourth wall? It makes no sense. 

Is this movie getting a domestic release date and wide release? Cause if it gets one, I can't wait for the CinemaScore. One thing this movie is not: boring. Definitely not boring.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

On 8/29/2024 at 7:09 AM, Arlborn said:

The trailer felt like a horror movie trailer, which is wildly different from the action comedy tone of the previous films.

I predict this will flop hard, but the film itself might be a decent-ish cheap horror movie? I don't know, probably not I guess.

Just sad, I wish we'd get Toro's Hellboy 3, oh well.

Really does not matter, decentish cheap horror movie is not good enough for a Hellboy movie.

On 9/3/2024 at 10:55 PM, Blaze Heatnix said:

Oh well, this might be one of the worst movies I've ever seen. It's Uwe Boll's level of bad. It seems unfinished. The editing is atrocious. The CGI is hilarious. The budget is probably less than double digits, and it shows.

It has some nice ideas ( setting and tone are fine ), but the execution is horrible. 

Reveal hidden contents

Is this movie getting a domestic release date and wide release? Cause if it gets one, I can't wait for the CinemaScore. One thing this movie is not: boring. Definitely not boring.

After the second trailer, I was hoping for something decent. Perhaps comparable to a direct-to-video sequel that's okay, but hearing this is disappointing. I'll likely check it out, but my hopes for something likable are at rock bottom at the moment.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NoobSaibot said:

After the second trailer, I was hoping for something decent. Perhaps comparable to a direct-to-video sequel that's okay, but hearing this is disappointing. I'll likely check it out, but my hopes for something likable are at rock bottom at the moment.

They had some nice ideas and the beginning is actually interesting ( huge Resident Evil 4 vibes . If you played the game, you'll enjoy the setting ), but everything else sucks. They needed a better director, a budget ( this movie doesn't have one, lol ) and a plot ( there's barely one here ). Movie is garbage, but funny garbage. 

Who's that Hellboy actor? Never seen him before or don't remember him at all. 

All in all, this seems to be a pilot for a series that won't be picked up. 

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

They had some nice ideas and the beginning is actually interesting ( huge Resident Evil 4 vibes . If you played the game, you'll enjoy the setting ), but everything else sucks. They needed a better director, a budget ( this movie doesn't have one, lol ) and a plot ( there's barely one here ). Movie is garbage, but funny garbage. 

Who's that Hellboy actor? Never seen him before or don't remember him at all. 

All in all, this seems to be a pilot for a series that won't be picked up. 

Jack Kesy is an actor I'm semi-familiar with, but that's because I watch a lot of independent and low budget films. That is partly why I was interested in this one.

His biggest role is probably when he portrayed Black Tom Cassidy in Deadpool 2 but I'm sure nobody would be able to pick his name out. He was absolutely picked for this to save money, though.

Is that official poster coming from the movie's official page? It seems that's a mistake from whoever posted it.

This has been the poster for a long time

Anyway, some friends went to see it and they enjoyed it much more than they expected. I hated it, but I can admit it has a style and a tone for the entire running time