kayumanggi

THE MONKEY | Feb 21 / 2025 | Neon | Theo James stars | based on a short story by Stephen King | trailer on page 1

Deadline:

In The Monkey, when twin brothers Hal and Bill discover their father’s old monkey toy in the attic, a series of gruesome deaths starts occurring all around them. The brothers decide to throw the monkey away and move on with their lives, growing apart over the years. But when the mysterious deaths begin again, the brothers must reunite to find a way to destroy the monkey for good before it takes the lives of everyone close to them. 

• Astonished 1

James Wan meets Stephan King: had to happen, I guess.

But 'The Monkey" is one of King's best short stories. Hopefully it will make a good movie.

So She Hulk is in this.......

Edited by dudalb

It isone of King's best short stories, but I wonder if streching it out to feature length might not result in a bloat problem, and baisic plot loshing a lot of it's impact.

9 minutes ago, filmpalace said:

Heard that reactions from test screenings weren't all too positive. I do think it's a good thing that the marketing is already making it clear this is more of a bizarre and darkly comedic horror movie.

Stephen King film adaptations are usually not good with a few exceptions like Stand by Me, Shawshank, and IT.