MCKillswitch123

The Top 100 Films of the 2020's OW+PTA+DOM+OS+WW

Updated as of August 8th, 2023!

Keynotes:

• Violent Night and Snake Eyes have been knocked off the top 100 OW's list;
  • The third weekend of The Super Mario Bros. Movie has been knocked off the top 100 PTA's list;
  • Ticket to Paradise, Morbius and the Chinese film Sacrifice have all been knocked off the top 100 WW list.
Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 2

Update: The Chinese films Oh My School!, Advancing of ZQ and The White Storm 3 surfaced on The Numbers as $280-300+ million worldwide grossers a few weeks ago. These numbers, barring any eventual update, seem to be incorrect, as EntGroup's China box office tracker reports much lower numbers for all of these films, all of them well under $100 million worldwide. No other OS territory numbers are known (if existant, probably not much higher than the usual numbers for Chinese films OS), and even checking the box office track records on The Numbers, they seem to not match the global numbers actually reported. So, I'm assuming henceforth that their box office numbers are not the ones you have seen on the list up to this point, and thus, I have removed these films from the Top 100 WW list.

Therefore, almost all numbers have been updated as of August 23rd, 2023 (except for a few non-American films, including China's Lost in the Stars and Japan's The First Slam Dunk). Main keynotes being the reentries in the Top 100 WW of three films previously knocked out: Wonder Woman 1984, Scream VI and The Suicide Squad.

Updated as of September 12th, 2023!

Keynotes:
- Air has been knocked off the Top 100 OW's list;
- the opening weekend of The Automat has been knocked off the Top 100 PTA's list;
- Old has been knocked off the Top 100 DOM list.

No WW update yet, but sometime in the coming future, a large update for WW numbers is coming.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Heart 1

Worldwide numbers are updated.

These are a bit of a mess to update, since a lot of different sources post different numbers, which is attributable to both difference in regions being reported (The Numbers reports Russian numbers i.e.), and also differences in conversion rates. For the time being, even though I was recommended to use The Numbers, I will continue to use Box Office Mojo as there is not a huge disparity and BOM usually displays the higher numbers, though I do use The Numbers in cases where the numbers it presents are known to be closer (i.e. Fast X).

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

While pending for a small update, I can say that 99% of the OP is updated as of October 10th, 2023!

Keynotes:

• Jesus Revolution has been bumped off of the Top 100 OW's list;
  • the opening weekend of Monica has been bumped off of the Top 100 PTA's list;
  • it is likely that Talk to Me will finish outside of the Top 100 DOM list, despite constantly being just shy of breaking in - valiant effort by the A24 horror there.
  • Heart 1

Updated as of October 17th, 2023!

Keynotes:

• Downton Abbey: A New Era has been bumped off the Top 100 OW's list;
  • the opening weekends of both Saint Frances and A Man Called Otto have been bumped off the Top 100 PTA's list;
  • Demon Slayer the Movie: Mugen Train has been bumped off the Top 100 DOM list;
  • Wonder Woman 1984 has been bumped off the Top 100 WW list.
  • Heart 1

Updated as of October 31st, 2023!

Keynotes:

• Ticket to Paradise has been bumped off the Top 100 OW's list;
  • the opening weekends of Ashfall, Creed III and the 60th anniversary 4K restoration of Contempt have all been bumped off the Top 100 PTA's list;
  • Jesus Revolution has been bumped off the Top 100 DOM list.
  • Like 1
  • Heart 1

Updated as of November 14th, 2023!

Keynotes:

• Clifford the Big Red Dog has been bumped off the Top 100 OW's list;
  • the opening weekend of Red Rocket has been bumped off the Top 100 PTA's list;
  • Air has been bumped off the Top 100 DOM list;
  • the Chinese film One and Only has been bumped off the Top 100 OS list;
  • M3GAN has been bumped off the Top 100 WW list.
  • Like 1
  • Heart 1

Updated as of November 21st, 2023!

Keynotes:

• Old and Wonder Woman 1984 were bumped off the Top 100 DOM OW's list;
  • the second weekends of Avatar: The Way of Water and The Batman were bumped off the Top 100 DOM PTA's list;
  • House of Gucci was bumped off the Top 100 DOM list;
  • the Chinese film Leap was bumped off the Top 100 OS list.
  • Like 2

Updated as of November 28th, 2023! Massive shoutout to @Issac Newton. hero among men 👏

Keynotes:

• The Addams Family 2 and Where the Crawdads Sing have been bumped off the Top 100 DOM OW's list;
  • The Suicide Squad and Raya and the Last Dragon have been bumped off the Top 100 DOM list;
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem has been bumped off the Top 100 WW list.
  • Like 2
  • Heart 1

Updated as of December 6th, 2023!

Keynotes:

• Gran Turismo has been bumped off the Top 100 DOM OW's list;
  • the opening weekend of Aftersun, the OW of Till and the second weekend of Black Panther: Wakanda Forever have all been bumped off the Top 100 DOM PTA's list;
  • the Chinese film Cliff Walkers has been bumped off the Top 100 WW list.
  • Like 2
  • Heart 1