kayumanggi

Weekday Numbers [June 3-6, 2024] | Thursday | 1.53M GARFIELD | IF | 0.73M FURIOSA | APES

14 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Much better than the other two Holland movies (thanks to its connection to the earlier Spider-Man movies obviously) but kind of funny how these sort of died off after we got past the movies that are at least a decade old now. Just goes to show that not giving those a broader reissue might've been a missed opportunity to boost their lifetime totals (they could've probably even squeezed another couple of million out of the TASM duo).

• Like 4

It's funny , it was a very bad May Month in US ( worst since 1998 ( excluded 2020-2021)) and generally overseas but in France with the great success of Local Hit " Un P'tit Truc en plus" , May 2024 was the best month in 2024 , up 13% to 2023 . Best since 2014 !!!

• Like 3

I don’t want to jinx anything, but the fact that movies like Tarot and Strangers are getting close to 3x multipliers (and it doesn’t look like The Watchers is about to break out) goes to show just how starved the horror market is. Wouldn’t be surprised if Quiet Place out-opens the last movie at this point and gets to around 50M.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I don’t want to jinx anything, but the fact that movies like Tarot and Strangers are getting close to 3x multipliers (and it doesn’t look like The Watchers is about to break out) goes to show just how starved the horror market is. Wouldn’t be surprised if Quiet Place out-opens the last movie at this point and gets to around 50M.

Don't think it'll do nearly as well but I don't think being a prequel with no returning cast hurts this as much as it likely did with, say, Furiosa. It's the first broadly appealing horror title of the year and should benefit from that.

• Like 2