The Movie Man

On Future Bourne Movies - Damon and/or Renner?

On Future Bourne Movies - Damon and/or Renner?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Are you bothered by Renner talking over the Bourne Movies?

• Yes, but I am still going to watch Bourne Legacy
    • Yes, and I won't watch Bourne Legacy
    • No! I am fine with Renner being in Bourne
  2. 2. With Bourne #4 open, what do you think about Bourne #5?

• Damon & Renner
    • Damon Only
    • Renner Only
    • No Bourne # 5

Thinking about the Bourne Series - Will Matt Damon Return to the series, and can it still include Renner, either as Damon's friend or enemy? Remember the Bond movie where the 2 Bonds tried to kill each other.I would love to see Damon & Renner in next Bourne Movie after this one! You?

Edited by The Movie Man
  • Like 1

So on Bourne # 5?

With Bourne #4 open, what do you think about Bourne #5?

[*]Damon & Renner (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

[*]Damon Only (0 votes [0.00%])

[*]Renner Only (0 votes [0.00%])

[*]No Bourne # 5 (0 votes [0.00%])

Thinking about the Bourne Series - Will Matt Damon Return to the series, and can it still include Renner, either as Damon's friend or enemy? Remember the Bond movie where the 2 Bonds tried to kill each other.I would love to see Damon & Renner in next Bourne Movie after this one! You?

I think they'd really have to change Jason Bourne's character in order to have him team up in any way with Aaron Cross. The Treadstone agents were not genetically altered, they were naturally gifted soldiers who were 'conditioned' by behavior modifications (that's why they all had those horrible headaches) and whose skills were honed to the 4th power. Reading about Aaron Cross these past two days, it seems that he was an inadequate soldier (and man) who seemed to embrace the enhancements given him in the "Outcome" program because it made him 'special.' If I'm wrong about that, someone please correct my impression.I just don't see a Bourne/Cross film working unless the character of one or the other of them is changed. And who wants that? Edited by Dragon Lass

I think they'd really have to change Jason Bourne's character in order to have him team up in any way with Aaron Cross. The Treadstone agents were not genetically altered, they were naturally gifted soldiers who were 'conditioned' by behavior modifications (that's why they all had those horrible headaches) and whose skills were honed to the 4th power. Reading about Aaron Cross these past two days, it seems that he was an inadequate soldier (and man) who seemed to embrace the enhancements given him in the "Outcome" program because it made him 'special.' If I'm wrong about that, someone please correct my impression.I just don't see a Bourne/Cross film working unless the character of one or the other of them is changed. And who wants that?

Ok, I got that, and I guess it wouldn't work...but in Legacy, didn't they try to make his skills permanent?And what program was that Asian in, as Norton said at the end, that another program was active.

This film really screwed up the operations. They kept referring to Treadstone but it was long gone. Done away with in Identity. Jarda was the last of the agents in Supremacy and Bourne killed him. They came back with Blackbriar in Ultimatum. Treadstone was way over. They had four operations going on in this movie. Treadstone, Blackbriar, Outcome and Larx. No wonder people were confused. The only reason they wanted Outcome gone was because of a Youtube video showing somebody in Outcome talking to somebody in Blackbriar/Treadstone. They thought since those operations were exposed. They would start digging into Outcome.

Edited by ECSTASY