baumer

5 Days of War

3 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

For a film about a war that no one has heard of, those who didn't like it (on imdb) seem to have a lot of knowledge about what did and didn't happen in this war. Seemingly average people who weren't on the front lines fighting or covering this war go on and on and tell you how the film is all propoganda. How can they possibly know what is real and what isn't? What a film like this does is at least bring line of sight into a war that not many of us know the first thing about.Renny Harlin directed this film and it apparently has a 20 million dollar budget. It looked more like a 50 or 60 million dollar budget. The war and the war machine in this film looks as real as any film I have seen. War is obviously brutal on both sides. I don't think anyone is innocent but to have real survivors tell their stories of rape, torture and sodomy at the end, is quite jarring.It's got a strong cast that includes Val Kilmer, Andy Garcia, Emannuelle Chriqui and Rupert Friend. Also really well done are the scenes of war. I haven't seen many films that look like this one in terms of the violence of war. Renny Harlin is on top of his game here and this is his best effort since Cliffhanger.It's not a film that got a lot of theater time and that's too bad. It's worth a look for sure.8.5/10

Good movie and worth watching.  I remember when this happened 5 years ago and virtually nobody gave a shit.  It was probably because the US and EU were reallly fatigued from war after already being involved in 2 very unpopular ones.  I think Russia clearly took advantage of that when they decided to invade.  Also, most people probably have never even heard of Georgia.

• Like 1