15 members have voted

1. 1. Grade First Blood

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

What was the original ending?

Rambo kills himself with trautman's gun. It's on youtube and the Stallone small speech before he kills himself is great . I bet that this would have been the ending had this film made in the seventies plus Rambo would much more vicious and less sympathetic, just like in the book .Anyway anyone who wants to see a seventies' version of something similar check rolling thunder . Edited by Thrylos 7

Rambo kills himself with trautman's gun. It's on youtube and the Stallone small speech before he kills himself is great . I bet that this would have been the ending had this film made in the seventies plus Rambo would much more vicious and less sympathetic, just like in the book .Anyway anyone who wants to see a seventies' version of something similar check rolling thunder .

But then no sequels? Not sure if I would have liked that.

Could Arnold have played Rambo, thinking about the Arnold from Commando....just a little more withdrawn and animalistic.

No because Stallone looked deceptive in this film.  He looked like an ordinary guy.  Arnold looks larger than life.  Stallone was born to play Rambo.

But then no sequels? Not sure if I would have liked that.

Stallone would have done something else. Anyway the sequels really cheapened the experience of the original, IMO . I mean Rambo against the whole USSR army and Rambo with the talibans against , again, the ...remaining USSR army ? Rambo 3, in retrospective , is particularly disturbing when it comes to U.S foreign policy .

Stallone would have done something else. Anyway the sequels really cheapened the experience of the original, IMO . I mean Rambo against the whole USSR army and Rambo with the talibans against , again, the ...remaining USSR army ? Rambo 3, in retrospective , is particularly disturbing when it comes to U.S foreign policy .

Well, First Blood showed that Rambo couldn't live in the US, and in Rambo 2, he went "home" to do the mission, to save POWs.So I could live with # 2 and #4, the last one made.Also on First Blood, which I just watched, is a damn good movie.

Well, First Blood showed that Rambo couldn't live in the US, and in Rambo 2, he went "home" to do the mission, to save POWs.So I could live with # 2 and #4, the last one made.Also on First Blood, which I just watched, is a damn good movie.

Rambo 2+3 (like rocky 4) are Reagan era propaganda films that have nothing to do with the tone of the original movie and ,even more so, the actual character in the book . Stallone made so many mistakes at his peak unlike Arnold who went from Classic to classic in the eighties and early nineties . I love how a republican like Arnold avoided Reagan era shit ,in the movie industry, like the plague .