Ezen Baklattan

Survivor III - Week 7 - And The Winner Is... (NEW CHALLENGE POSTED)

Secret Challenge (#1...?)

For the first time in the season, the winning team got to participate in a secret competition to get a helpful prize in their competition. However, only two players actually decided to take up the opportunity of predicting the 8 Thursday grosses!

Snitch - $788.5k

Dark Skies - $385.1k

Escape From Planet Earth - $415.5k

Warm Bodies - $266.3k

Argo - $212.1k

Silver Linings Playbook - $565.9k

Identity Thief - $950.3k

Safe Haven - $669k

And the winner, with a score of 92.98% is....

Iceroll!

Congratulations on winning this contest, Iceroll! You have earned one of two prizes that can be used later in the competition to provide a nice assist!

Option A: A Little Boost - Not confident in your predictions? This trick will increase your score by 7% of your initial score. (Your score is multiplied by 1.07.) This could help you win a game!

Option B: Voting Switcheroo - Worried that you're on the chopping block? Suppose someone votes you off on Tribal Council, and you vote off someone else. This option will switch a single vote for you to the person that you voted for!

You can only use one of these options once, so choose wisely!

Edited by Spaghetti

Predictions are in nice and early this week so now I can just lay back, relax and quietly sob myself to sleep as I watch Jack hit weekend numbers of 40million or more. :circles:

I would be impressed with Jack coming near $25M. If it ends up with $40M, I-I-I... don't know what I'll be doing, but it's going to be bad.

It's the single dayers I worry about the most, I think I'm slowly getting the hang of week to week drops and such, openers are also taking me less by surprise than the first week or two (Although I  think apart from last week where it was all OScar Questions I have scored at least one zero point answer every week still :( ).

But getting my head around what percentage of a weekend gross comes on which day per which genre and whether film quality has an effect or the weather etc. I just don't know. I'm trying and if I score 94% this week I will delete this post and pretend it never happened, but still...

I'm just dreading what it may be like in 2 weeks time:

1) Predict the midnights total for x

2) Predict the Friday total for Canada for y

3) How many people saw the 6:45 showing of Z in the Vue cinema on 4th street in Salt Lake City?

So by the looks of it anybody who didn 't score 0 points for the two Phantom Predicts deserves to win a free chocolate cake for allowing their pessimistic side to drag them lower than any man should ever have to go. :)

If BOM doesn't report actuals for Phantom, I'll just discard those questions.

I would honestly be shocked and impressed if anybody has a prediction where it makes any difference to our relative scores tbh.

What's the weekend total rumoured to be? 450k?

(if you could quietly pretend BOM didn't report Beautiful Creatures while you're at it... ;)