baumer

Ouija (2014)

9 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

Ouija is flat out creepy.  It has some real genuine scares.  There were a few spots where I actually jumped in my seat.  It's not a great movie but it is  decent one.  The film is lacking in something, I'm not really sure what that something is, but something prevents it from being one of the greats.  But because of the chills and the story, the film was good enough for me to recommend it.

7/10

• Like 1

This was my first horror movie so I don't have much to compare it to.

I was efficiently entertained throughout the movie. i didn't think it was really all that scarry outside of the jump scares but thst's alright because supplied enough jump scares for me to leave satusfied. Holy fuck, the scene where the dude turns on the lights when the other people didn't know he was in the house made me jump ten feet in the air.

The climax was a bent of a letdown though. It lacked any kind od suspense.

Also i'm confused as to why Debie shows back up, “saves the day" and then is back to being dead.

B

Edited by Ethan Hunt
  • Like 2

This was my first horror movie so I don't have much to compare it to.

I was efficiently entertained throughout the movie. i didn't think it was really all that scarry outside of the jump scares but thst's alright because supplied enough jump scares for me to leave satusfied. Holy fuck, the scene where the dude turns on the lights when the other people didn't know he was in the house made me jump ten feet in the air.

The climax was a bent of a letdown though. It lacked any kind od suspense.

Also i'm confused as to why Debie shows back up, “saves the day" and then is back to being dead.

B

Debbie shows up because her friend is playing the board by herself.  So any spirits in the house have no choice but to show themselves.  With Debbie being there, she came out to help.

• Like 1

I just read what the twist is and makes the movie seem HILARIOUSLY BAAAAAAAAD. Who wrote this should be fired immediately. For the people who want to know, check this video from 3:50 until he ends talking about it: 

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

I just read what the twist is and makes the movie seem HILARIOUSLY BAAAAAAAAD. Who wrote this should be fired immediately. For the people who want to know, check this video from 3:50 until he ends talking about it: 

that point is what didn't make sense to me.  Shabby movie anyway. 

D-

Ouija is very boring. Strongly derivative and lacking in scares, it fails as a film in every aspect, but especially in horror terms. One of the most bothersome aspects has to be the generically attractive cast, where everyone looks like an Abercrombie and Fitch model. It's distracting in a very distancing way. The scares are poorly telegraphed, and the effects are bad. The score is also overbearing in a distracting way. It's hard to say anything positive about Ouija except that it's watchable, but that's not enough to be actually worth watching. D-