Sims

Boxoffice.com's Top 100 Films of All Time 2013: THE RESULTS (final list in OP)

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King

LYR: 9

Peter Jackson, 2003

Nominated for and won 11 Oscars

93 points

"I am no man!" (I am going to use this quote every time, sorry.)

Synopsis: Gandalf and Aragorn lead the World of Men against Sauron's army to draw his gaze from Frodo and Sam as they approach Mount Doom with the One Ring.

Trivia: The Lord of the Rings trilogy became the most nominated film series in Academy Award history with 30 nominations, surpassing both the Godfather trilogy (28) and the Star Wars franchise (21).

I think Two Towers is the best of the series.

• Like 1

This is were you can blame riczhang a bit, he wouldn't split out film series, so I bet his points only went to Godfather II and 0 points for the other two

Oh well ... I guess I can live with Godfather Part 2 being higher, but damn ... #16 is quite a drop.

• Like 2

Acceptable, but since it's really one giant production, it just means another spot's going to be wasted with FOTR.

Yep, LOTR is the one series of films that 'trilogy' could really apply since essentially filming all at same time or back to back to back.

Edited by Adam

#14 (spoiler alert it's actually good)

14. Casablanca

LYR: 33

Michael Curtiz, 1940

Nominated for 8 Oscars, won 3

93 points

"Here's looking at you, kid."

Synopsis: Set in unoccupied Africa during the early days of World War II: An American expatriate meets a former lover, with unforeseen complications.

Trivia: The letters of transit that motivate so many characters in the film did not exist in Vichy-controlled France - they are purely a plot device invented by the screenwriters. PlaywrightJoan Alison always expected somebody to challenge her about the letters, but nobody ever did.

• Like 4

#14 (spoiler alert it's actually good)

14. Casablanca

LYR: 33

Michael Curtiz, 1940

Nominated for 8 Oscars, won 3

93 points

"Here's looking at you, kid."

Synopsis: Set in unoccupied Africa during the early days of World War II: An American expatriate meets a former lover, with unforeseen complications.

Trivia: The letters of transit that motivate so many characters in the film did not exist in Vichy-controlled France - they are purely a plot device invented by the screenwriters. PlaywrightJoan Alison always expected somebody to challenge her about the letters, but nobody ever did.

Nice jump

#13 (bleh)

13. Back to the Future

LYR: 19

Robert Zemeckis, 1985

Nominated for 4 Oscars, won 1

97 points

"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Synopsis: A teenager is accidentally sent 30 years into the past in a time-traveling DeLorean invented by his friend, Dr. Emmett Brown, and must make sure his high-school-age parents unite in order to save his own existence.

Trivia: In the original script, Doc Brown and Marty sell bootleg videos in order to fund the time machine.

• Like 1