CaptainJackSparrow

Looney Tunes Review a short a day

So every day I will bring up a Looney Tunes short and we all discuss what we liked or disliked about that short. Let's start with my favorite, Book Revue. A classic zany Daffy short, it had great music and funny book references. This is my all time favorite Looney Tunes short.So, what did you guys think of Book Revue?

Edited by Gingy

I agree, the zanier the Daffy, the better.

I’m also a fan of greedy fan of Daffy. I think it can make for funny situations (the Duck! Rabbit! Trilogy is great).

I also kinda liked Daffy when Mel Blanc gave that pre Woody Woodpecker high-pitched squeal voice (which they seemed to get rid of in 1940).

This thread has inspired me. I worked on the Looney Tunes wiki (and was the main editor for a while, still am, though I don’t edit much anymore). I was originally going to review to all the shorts from the beginning to the end, but I stopped after the first because I was too uninspired.

However this thread had made me consider similar threads like it on this board.

Thanks!

Edited by Boxofficefanatic
  • Like 1

I meant Chick Jones lol. And yeah, I think he did one with Daffy and some cat sailors, no?

Yes Conrad the cat.

He also directed Daffy Duck and the Dinosaur (a short I've seen several times), which is pretty much as zany Daffy as you can get (it's still when he had the high pitched voice).

Edited by Boxofficefanatic
  • Like 1