John Marston

X-Men: Days of Future Past OS thread

Interesting fact:

Live-action fairytales have been consistently out-grossing X-Men films (i.e. Fox should quit making superhero films)

Maleficent (3D): $757M

DoFP (3D): $746M

Oz (3D): $493M

The Wolverine (3D): $415M

2012/2011

SWATH (2D, post-Memorial Day 2012 release date): $397M

First Class (2D, post-Memorial Day 2011 release date): $354M

Should we thus assume that Alice in Wonderland 2 will beat X-Men Apocalypse? Well, in my mind at least, the likelihood has increased although we do need a glimpse of what the movies will look like before making any serious predictions.

Interesting fact:

Live-action fairytales have been consistently out-grossing X-Men films (i.e. Fox should quit making superhero films)

Maleficent (3D): $757M

DoFP (3D): $746M

Oz (3D): $493M

The Wolverine (3D): $415M

2012/2011

SWATH (2D, post-Memorial Day 2012 release date): $397M

First Class (2D, post-Memorial Day 2011 release date): $354M

Should we thus assume that Alice in Wonderland 2 will beat X-Men Apocalypse? Well, in my mind at least, the likelihood has increased although we do need a glimpse of what the movies will look like before making any serious predictions.

Even though Maleficent made $11m more than DOFP, DOFP still made Fox a lot of money and it was very well-received. So why should they stop making superhero movies?

Even though Maleficent made $11m more than DOFP, DOFP still made Fox a lot of money and it was very well-received. So why should they stop making superhero movies?

That was just a joke/generalisation implying that it could benefit more from making live-action fairytale films than CBAs. I wasn't impressed at all by the question you decided to ask, though. I do wish I was.